Adding Favorites in Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30966
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2009 1:44 PM

I find that I can only drag and drop locations to the bottom of favorites i.e. I am unable to place them in the correct folder. As favorites exceed a single page, this becomes a bit obnoxious ... reminscent of building the links for drop down menus in L3. Would it be possible to be able to at least drop them in the right folder? I don't  mind having to rearrange within a folder but when I have to guess what folder I am in ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 347
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 1:48 PM

+ 1

Luuk

Posts 19124
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:22 PM

I can drag to anywhere within the correct folder in Favorites. Occasionally it seems not to work if the folder is empty. It just drops in at the same level as the folders, not inside that folder. But I can not figure out why/when it does that. It seems to be working all the time for me now.

UPDATE: embedded video

Posts 3728
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:28 PM

MJ. Smith:
Would it be possible to be able to at least drop them in the right folder?

Yes +1

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 30966
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 3:34 PM

Rosie Perera:
I can drag to anywhere within the correct folder in Favorites.

There is no place except the final folder where I see anything other than a slashed circle on XP. Note I am adding locations - PDF's, URL's etc. not Logos resources. For them I use collections

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29
LogosEmployee
MorrisProctorEmployee
Morris Proctor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:03 PM

I was able to replicate your issue. Here’s a work-a-round:

Drag the link to the Shortcuts bar first.

Then drag the link from the Shortcuts bar to the desired Favorites folder.

Posts 30966
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:22 PM

Morris Proctor:

Drag the link to the Shortcuts bar first.

Then drag the link from the Shortcuts bar to the desired Favorites folder.

Fascinating quirk. Thanks for the work around.

Posts 19124
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:28 PM

MJ. Smith:

Note I am adding locations - PDF's, URL's etc.

How do you do that? Where are you dragging them from? The only way I know of to see URLs in Logos is in one of the guides in one of the web sections (e.g., SermonsCentral.com). Well, those are hyperlinks -- but the URL is within them. I can't drag those links anywhere in Logos, let alone to Favorites. I can't drag URLs from outside of Logos (web browser address bar) into Logos either. And I don't know where you're seeing PDFs that you can drag within Logos. Are they in your library? How did you get them there?

MJ. Smith:

...not Logos resources. For them I use collections

Favorites are a good way to mark locations within a resource, though. Like an article in a journal or encyclopedia or something. I used them in L3 all the time for that, and categorized them into folders for various research projects or sermons I was working on.

Posts 30966
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 10:14 PM

Rosie Perera:
How do you do that? Where are you dragging them from? The only way I know of to see URLs in Logos is in one of the guides in one of the web sections (e.g., SermonsCentral.com). Well, those are hyperlinks -- but the URL is within them. I can't drag those links anywhere in Logos, let alone to Favorites. I can't drag URLs from outside of Logos (web browser address bar) into Logos either. And I don't know where you're seeing PDFs that you can drag within Logos. Are they in your library? How did you get them there?

For PDF's, Word documents etc. on your computer, bring up Windows Explore, navigate to the file, then drag its icon into favorites. Rename it so something reasonable after its in favorites.

For URL, I use Firefox but I'd think the procedure is similar on other browsers. Navigate to the web site and pull the tab over to the favorites. Again rename it to something reasonable.

To get the links in the sequence you want, just grab and drag.

Unfortunately, there is a bug in Logos 4 that only allows drag and drop links to be added to the bottom. M. Proctor found a work around of dropping on the shortcut bar first, then dragging into the correct collection. It also seems to work to move the folder that you are working on to the bottom of the list.

I am basically rebuilding the drop down menus of resources that I built and shared in L3 - plus creating new links for PDF's such as the Coptic commentaries.

Posts 19124
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 10:50 PM

MJ. Smith:

For PDF's, Word documents etc. on your computer, bring up Windows Explore, navigate to the file, then drag its icon into favorites. Rename it so something reasonable after its in favorites.

Cool, thanks. I hadn't thought to try that.

MJ. Smith:

For URL, I use Firefox but I'd think the procedure is similar on other browsers. Navigate to the web site and pull the tab over to the favorites. Again rename it to something reasonable.

It doesn't work from IE, but it does work for me in Firefox. Thanks.

It's great fun learning this product in tandem with you and the others.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS