The Complete Classic Commentaries Bundle (1,537 vols.)

Page 5 of 5 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 86 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1085
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 6:00 AM

I'm trying to wrap my head around this package, and the set called "Morals on the Book of Job" caught my attention. I cannot find any separate product page for it. For instance, if I search on logos.com| title:"morals on the book of job", it comes up with nothing. If I search for| author:"gregory the great", then I get ECF and this Bundle among a couple of other things. It does not appear to be part of the Classic Commentaries on Job.

The other peculiar thing about it is that the copy says there were originally four volumes, but the three volumes in the Logos set cover chapters 1-38. However, when I open the third resource up, it seems as though it gets to chapter 42. Could it be four volumes made three? The third volume seems particularly large (918 pages when the first two are 621 and 597 pages). Just looking for some fuller info that I can find the website.

No matter explanation, this looks like a great little resource series. I'm excited to start using it, and it feels like an extra little precious gem I didn't know I was getting.

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 6:11 AM

William Gabriel:
I'm trying to wrap my head around this package, and the set called "Morals on the Book of Job" caught my attention. I cannot find any separate product page for it. For instance, if I search on logos.com| title:"morals on the book of job", it comes up with nothing. If I search for| author:"gregory the great", then I get ECF and this Bundle among a couple of other things. It does not appear to be part of the Classic Commentaries on Job.
Morals on the book of Job is part of this series. Is this what you were looking for?

Posts 1085
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 7:13 AM

Sleiman:

Morals on the book of Job is part of this series. Is this what you were looking for?

Yes, that's helpful, thanks. What differentiates these three volumes from that series as being a part of the Classic Commentary Bundle, but not the rest?

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 7:21 AM

William Gabriel:
What differentiates these three volumes from that series as being a part of the Classic Commentary Bundle, but not the rest?
If I am to take a guess, it would be that they qualify as being bible commentary type more than the others in that series as well as being classic.

Posts 72
papa_gowgow | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 8:08 AM

William Gabriel:

The other peculiar thing about it is that the copy says there were originally four volumes.

Perhaps there were originally four volumes and if so I would assume that the final one was the indices, as they are several hundred pages in length.

Volume 3 is divided into two parts: Part 5 deals with Job chapters 32-37; and Part 6 with chapters 38-41; then the index of texts, and finally the general index.

Posts 1085
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 9:45 AM

For anyone who is trying to find out which titles they're missing from the Complete Classic Commentaries Bundle, I uploaded a program with instructions on this thread:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/73693/514291.aspx#514291

Posts 9672
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 4:26 PM

I've not regretted investing in this series.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 5 of 5 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS