New Interpreter's Bible

Page 1 of 6 (115 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 114 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 18 2013 3:41 PM

I thought I would raise, once again, the New Interpreter's Bible to the Logos community.  Our friend and long time contributor, Dan, has gone "above and beyond" to bring this collection to the front and into production.  You can read the previous posts to appreciate his enthusiasm.  I'm there.

I think given the $800 price tag from the publisher in hardcopy this represents a great value from Logos.

Don't forget that the Logos sales staff can arrange a payment plan.  As mentioned on the Logos website, it makes ownership easier than you think.

Smile

Posts 2290
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 6:26 PM

Steve:
I thought I would raise, once again, the New Interpreter's Bible to the Logos community.

This truly is one of the must haves in our libraries. Let's get it into production ASAP. We would also benefit from the thorough scholarship of Katharine Doob Sackenfeld editor of the New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible.

YesYes

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2822
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 7:20 PM

Steve:

I thought I would raise, once again, the New Interpreter's Bible to the Logos community.  Our friend and long time contributor, Dan, has gone "above and beyond" to bring this collection to the front and into production.  You can read the previous posts to appreciate his enthusiasm.  I'm there.

I think given the $800 price tag from the publisher in hardcopy this represents a great value from Logos.

Don't forget that the Logos sales staff can arrange a payment plan.  As mentioned on the Logos website, it makes ownership easier than you think.

Smile

Well said, Steve, and thanks Dan for all the hard work promoting NIB!  I am in.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 7:35 PM

Beloved:
This truly is one of the must haves in our libraries

It's always made me scratch my head in wonder as to why the NIB has not gone into production. I still maintain that Logos could never regret jumping in and just doing it. This work will bring many many more people to Logos. Another software has confirmed it is coming to them, although they are currently swamped getting The Anchor Bible Commentary out. I would love to have NIB in Logos because the integration would be great. But I really like the other software a lot and will be happy to add the NIB there. I still plan to occasionally add samples here but have just came to feel like I am shouting at a wall, and while the shouts and trumpet blasts can bring a wall down, if God wants it, I just tended to look at the closed door at Logos and the open window elsewhere as a good option for me. 

-Dan

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 8:43 PM

I was using the NIB for sermon prep earlier this week.  (I have the hardcover set.)  Again, I marveled at the high quality of its scholarship.  

Posts 133
Daniel Liu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 9:06 PM

Thanks for the information. I placed NIB order today.

Posts 32
Jason Clapper | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 9:17 PM

As a mainline Presbyterian pastor, I hope this goes through soon.  Whenever there are new resources like the NIBC or sets like Interpretation or Westminster Bible Companion, I take great joy in seeing people "convert" to Logos.  Unfortunately, I think much of the fault is with the publishers such as Abingdon and Westminster John Knox.  

Posts 255
Sogol | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 11:13 PM

The bar FINALLY moved to "Almost there!" (orange) status!

Way to go everyone!

Thanks to Daniel Liu for the recent order (which may have been the one that moved it).

And thanks, as always, to Dan Francis for his perseverance in championing this.

Let's keep pushing and get this into production ASAP!

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 6:27 AM

Jason Clapper:

As a mainline Presbyterian pastor, I hope this goes through soon.  Whenever there are new resources like the NIBC or sets like Interpretation or Westminster Bible Companion, I take great joy in seeing people "convert" to Logos.  Unfortunately, I think much of the fault is with the publishers such as Abingdon and Westminster John Knox.  

I'm with you, Jason. Having the Westminster Bible Companion come to Logos was a big deal for me, too. The New Interpreter's Bible (and the New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible) remains one of the few paper resources sitting on my shelf because it's not available in Logos.

(As an aside: I'm hopeful with the release of the Westminster Bible Companion that we'll soon see the Old Testament Library and New Testament Library in Logos, also by WJK. We'll see...)

Posts 2290
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:14 PM

Bump

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2013 8:14 PM

so expensive

Posts 2290
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2013 12:40 PM

mike:
so expensive

Because it's worth it!

It really is a work-horse for many mainline ministers in many denominations. My father who is an  eightyish y.o. Episcopalian priest has used it with regularity throughout his ministry.

Posts 300
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2013 1:02 PM

mike:
so expensive

Actually a pretty good deal for an integrated electronic resource IMO. Doubt you'll find it anywhere, even non-integrated, for much cheaper.

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2013 1:47 PM

Wish I could, but this is too much for my budget.  I have the original and would love to have the update, but at this price it is not going to happen.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2013 2:28 PM

Well maybe when it is released you can get it on a plan if you decide you like it.

-Dan

Posts 2290
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 7:51 PM

Bump...

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 8:13 PM

OK, I opted in.

Just disappointed the New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible is languishing.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 10:21 PM

I believe at least the NIB is being actively developed. You may remember earlier this year when the Westminster Bible Companion jumped from almost there to an actual shipping date of less than a month off… I have been told NIB is actively being worked on and while the end is in sight no firm date can made (I had been also reminded how no matter how smoothly something seems to be going something usually comes up to put back release dates. As any of us waiting for the Book of Common Prayer Collection can attest to (it's July release has been pushed back again and again till what is now November). It is nice to know whether is is sooner or later it is coming to Logos. I have no idea if the Dictionary is being worked on or not. 

-Dan

Posts 511
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2013 3:47 PM

Thanks Dan

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2013 5:10 PM

In since 11/16/2011...

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Page 1 of 6 (115 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS