Portfolio

Page 3 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 70 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9555
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 10:23 AM

Super Tramp:
What I do recall is the publisher requested that their resources be withdrawn from the Portfolio package so it is not likely they will be included again. Whatever the titles were they are still available for purchase individually.

Yes but not at the discount of upgrading to Portfolio. Sad

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5186
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 12:27 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Since I didn't upgrade to Portfolio until 5 can you tell me what I missed? Perhaps they will include these in future releases.

I think one thing removed was the Baker Exegetical Commentaries.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 12:29 PM

David Paul:

Bruce Dunning:

Since I didn't upgrade to Portfolio until 5 can you tell me what I missed? Perhaps they will include these in future releases.

I think one thing removed was the Baker Exegetical Commentaries.

Yep, that was what I was trying to recall. I think there were other minor resources too.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 255
Sogol | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 12:32 PM

I thought they removed Pillar too.

Posts 5186
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 12:33 PM

Of course, Moody resources won't be a part of future base packages either.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

Posts 5186
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 12:34 PM

Sogol:

If it isn't included any longer, then yes, you are correct.

Posts 29207
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 12:45 PM

If I put out a cup, will anyone donate so I can get Portfolio? Coffee Big Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 1:28 PM

alabama24:

If I put out a cup, will anyone donate so I can get Portfolio? Coffee Big Smile

Here you go.

ba

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 1:30 PM

Sogol:

I think you are right. It's hard to tell because my P4/P5 library mixes everything together. I think there were some apologetics books that got dropped. Creation science & dinosaur stuff.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 1:43 PM

Super Tramp:
It seems like it was some expensive resources by Baker but I can't remember.

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58990.aspx

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 1:54 PM

The Pillar and Baker commentaries were in Platinum.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 97
T. L. Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 10:37 PM
I have portfolio!
Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 11:08 PM

fgh:

The withdrawal of Pillar, Baker and NIGNT was, in my opinion, a significant loss to the base packages. I am not sure I would have upgraded to Platinum with the launch of L4 had it not been for the (then) inclusion of these sets.

I did not upgrade to Portfolio until the launch of L5, but I seem to remember that the International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia was included in Portfolio, but then removed with the launch of L5 (I may be wrong on this).

Posts 255
Sogol | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 12:09 AM

Andy Evans:

fgh:

The withdrawal of Pillar, Baker and NIGNT was, in my opinion, a significant loss to the base packages. I am not sure I would have upgraded to Platinum with the launch of L4 had it not been for the (then) inclusion of these sets.

I did not upgrade to Portfolio until the launch of L5, but I seem to remember that the International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia was included in Portfolio, but then removed with the launch of L5 (I may be wrong on this).

That's right - I totally forgot about the NIGTC. That was a huge loss.

Posts 19176
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 12:54 AM

Sogol:
When I bought Portfolio, I did so because I assumed that there must be a special place in Heaven for those who own it. I'm still searching hard for a good biblical prooftext to validate my assumption.

Can't help you with a biblical prooftext, but I did search my Logos library for portfolio NEAR heaven and found this:

When we invest our lives and resources in the spiritual service of others in our walk and in our words, we are investing in eternal relationships. In effect, we are building a “portfolio” in heaven and sending our assets ahead of us.

Kenneth Boa, Handbook to Spiritual Growth: Twelve Facets of the Spiritual Life (Atlanta, GA: Trinity House Publishers, Inc., 2008), 373–374.

Posts 255
Sogol | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 7:18 AM

Rosie Perera:

Can't help you with a biblical prooftext, but I did search my Logos library for portfolio NEAR heaven and found this:

When we invest our lives and resources in the spiritual service of others in our walk and in our words, we are investing in eternal relationships. In effect, we are building a “portfolio” in heaven and sending our assets ahead of us.

Kenneth Boa, Handbook to Spiritual Growth: Twelve Facets of the Spiritual Life (Atlanta, GA: Trinity House Publishers, Inc., 2008), 373–374.

Wow, nice find, Rosie. I'm impressed!

Next I was going to ask you to search your library for any indication of whether or not there will be Logos in Heaven (the Logos software, that is), but I'm too afraid that I won't like the answer.

Stick out tongue

Posts 25
Jeffrey Willis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 2:51 PM

Ok. Just checking because I bought it as well. I just wanted a complete library in which I could research and enjoy the word of God. Thank you all. God bless!!

Posts 2703
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 5:48 PM

I finally went with Portfiolio a couple weeks ago. Assuming you have the usual commentaries that most of the base packages run light on, Portfolio makes sense. It doesn't represent a game changer, but if you spend a lot of time studying with Logos, it will eventually prove worthwhile.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1499
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 6:35 PM

Sogol:

Next I was going to ask you to search your library for any indication of whether or not there will be Logos in Heaven...

John 1.1 In the beginning was the Logos, and the Logos was with God... Stick out tongue

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Page 3 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS