Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels, 2nd Ed.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:11 AM

I'm sure this has been requested elsewhere, but the Second Edition of the Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels is due out this October. The First Edition was already a fantastic resource and, from what I hear, this new edition is even better. Would love to see this in Logos near its book-form release date.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:29 AM

Definitely would like to have this new edition.  Yes

Posts 280
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 12:16 PM

Just read that the ebook edition is available.  Waiting for the better version in Logos - hopefully soon!

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 3:59 PM

It'd be great if Logos would give us some indication as to whether this resource is in the pipeline or not. I, for one, am really looking forward to it!

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:30 PM

Too bad I bought the first edition just a few months back. C'est la vie.

What's in the new? "Over ninety percent of the articles have been completely rewritten, and the rest thoroughly revised and updated." That's really something.

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 6:56 AM

The first edition is a fine work, but 20+ years have gone by and a lot has happened in Gospels scholarship since then. I'm hopeful that they're working to update/revise the other resources (Dictionary of Paul and His Letters, et al.), too.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 7:20 AM

Yes

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 111
Filipe Moreira | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 2:09 AM

Yes

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 10:25 AM

This is now available in book form. Logos: Any chance we'll be seeing this on pre-pub soon?

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 2:46 PM

Nijay K. Gupta: "What are you waiting for? Order the new Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels!"

http://nijaygupta.wordpress.com/2013/10/24/what-are-you-waiting-for-order-the-new-dict-of-jesus-and-the-gospels/

I'd love to, but it's not available for Logos yet. Once again, any chance this is in the pipeline?

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 7:36 PM

It's been almost a month now since my last post about this. Any chance we'll see DJG, 2nd ed. anytime soon for Logos?

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 11:54 PM

I'd love to see this in Logos too!

Posts 31976
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2013 1:02 AM

It is rare for Logos to comment before something appears in pre-pub - and rarer still if it is not clearly under one of the denominational managers.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 5:31 PM

I was search for this dictionary and found this thread and thought I'd let you know that it IS in production. If you go to The IVP Bible Dictionary Series (8 Vols.) you see the following notice:

I already own The IVP Essential Reference Collection Version 3, and I was wondering how I could get the second edition. I searched for the second edition, but it only shows up in the IVP Bible Dictionary Series. I already own EVERY dictionary in this series...except for the Second edition of Jesus and the Gospels. So HOW would I get the second edition, when it is not listed as a Pre-Pub anywhere????

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 5:40 PM

So, I just realized HOW I get it (I THINK). I decided to add it to my cart (since I own everything else) and it gave me the price as $43.06. I realized, that it had already recalculated for the Second Edition of Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels. So, if you own everything else, it should be around this price. Also, it IS in the 12 Days of Christmas deals, so you could use the coupon, too.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 6:26 PM

Caleb S.:

So, I just realized HOW I get it (I THINK). I decided to add it to my cart (since I own everything else) and it gave me the price as $43.06. I realized, that it had already recalculated for the Second Edition of Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels. So, if you own everything else, it should be around this price. Also, it IS in the 12 Days of Christmas deals, so you could use the coupon, too.

Caleb,

Thank you for letting us know! And thank you Logos for offering this hot-off-the-press Dictionary at a fantastic price!  Looking forward to this 2nd edition when it is ready.

David

Posts 6
Daniel Saunders | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 8:24 PM

Has anyone already checked with the sales team as to whether this is the best way to get the 2nd edition?

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 8:25 PM

Caleb S.:

Order during the 12 Days of Christmas sale to get the 24% discount off the dynamic pricing. Great deal for a must-have set of unique dictionaries.

Thank you for putting this set together and including the new rev. ed. of the original volume on the sale.

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 4:57 AM

Daniel Saunders:

Has anyone already checked with the sales team as to whether this is the best way to get the 2nd edition?

I searched through the pre-pubs and looked for "Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels" and I searched by the editors name. The only place I found it was in that bundle. I called Logos because I thought that was curious and asked about it. He looked around and said that he only found it in the IVP Dictionaries Bible Dictionaries Series. If you want to double check, you could call sales and find out. I am guessing (based on what I found and after talking to a sales guy) that you will get the same answer (I'm guessing of course, but I do believe it is an educated guess).

Posts 6
Daniel Saunders | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 2:47 PM

Yep - and this blog post suggests the same.

Hitting the credit card up again!

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS