Page 5 of 5 (93 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 92 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 11 2013 7:48 PM

Welcome back, Butters.  I was beginning to wonder what happened to you.  You're the Butters on my bread.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 466
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 11 2013 7:57 PM

George Somsel:

Welcome back, Butters.  I was beginning to wonder what happened to you.  You're the Butters on my bread.  Wink

Hey George!  Big Smile  Thanks, I've just been busy.  And besides, I'm afraid that being the Butters on your bread means yer gonna eat me up!  Surprise

~Butters Smile

P.S. - love the St. George avatar!  

“To love means loving the unlovable.  To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable.  Faith means believing the unbelievable.  Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.” ~Chesterton

Posts 275
Greg F | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2013 1:51 AM

For the Aristotle and Plato, if you really want to see it ever get in production, and not languish like all the other Loeb sets that aren't specifically related to Christianity (or perhaps Homer or Caesar), please consider jumping in at something other than the very minimum possible bid. 

It's 40 volumes of Greek and English. I'm in at 150.  :)

Posts 466
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2013 7:55 AM

Smile

I agree Greg - indeed, I'd be willing to pay twice that.   My understanding, however slight that is, is that a higher bidding price will scare other potential bidders away.  Then again, maybe it's such a narrow market that bidding will have to be higher.  

Please, anyone with advice chime in.  

Cheers,

~Butters 

Greg F:

For the Aristotle and Plato, if you really want to see it ever get in production, and not languish like all the other Loeb sets that aren't specifically related to Christianity (or perhaps Homer or Caesar), please consider jumping in at something other than the very minimum possible bid. 

It's 40 volumes of Greek and English. I'm in at 150.  :)

“To love means loving the unlovable.  To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable.  Faith means believing the unbelievable.  Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.” ~Chesterton

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2013 8:21 AM

I'm in at $120.  I think $3/vol on CP is about as high as I care to go though I might be persuaded to increase it later.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 466
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2013 9:24 AM

Okay, I changed mine to $150 - if anyone thinks that will be too high and will scare off potential bidders, please do let me know.  

Posts 138
Michael Grigoni | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2013 10:38 AM

Do not despair about the Loeb collections. I estimate that many will go into production, several early next year, based on bidding habits that I've observed on them thus far. I'm keeping a very close eye on these collections, and we've begun to promote them in creative ways among the Logos user base with good results.

Once Noet.com has e-commerce added to the site, which we're working on, we'll be able to bring in more users that would otherwise not purchase these texts from Logos.com. When that day comes, your help in spreading the word will be much appreciated.

I'm excited about Noet. We've set a good foundation for its success this year in terms of product development, and I'm excited for this coming year.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 12:30 PM

Mike Grigoni:
The Loeb edition of Aristotle's works (all that are in the public domain) is currently available on community pricing.

1) What works are missing, compared to the edition we already have?

2) Any works that are added, compared to the edition we already have?

3) How do the translations compare?

(Yes, I could painstakingly do all these comparisons myself, but I'm short on time, and I bet someone has already done them.Smile)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 138
Michael Grigoni | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 2:11 PM

Just a quick note that the Loeb Classical Library editions of Plato's works (those in the public domain) are now listed on community pricing:

And in case you missed it earlier, here's the link to the Loeb Aristotle collection:

Posts 466
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 4:03 PM

Truly wonderful Mike.  Thank you.  Bid placed.  

~Butters Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 4:14 PM
Butters:

~Butters Smile

What ! You're late to the party, Butters. I would have thought you were already in.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 4:16 PM

Mike Grigoni:

Just a quick note that the Loeb Classical Library editions of Plato's works (those in the public domain) are now listed on community pricing:

And in case you missed it earlier, here's the link to the Loeb Aristotle collection:

This is great news! I saw the Aristotle books but somehow missed the Plato books. Thanks. I've placed my bids too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 466
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 5:08 PM

George Somsel:
Butters:

~Butters Smile

What ! You're late to the party, Butters. I would have thought you were already in.

I'm usually late to parties but also the last to leave. Big Smile  Now that Plato's preternaturally inquisitive self has just arrived, I'll prolly stay until sunrise.    

~Butters Smile 

Page 5 of 5 (93 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS