For those who complain.

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 51 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 9:29 PM

Super Tramp:

I do wonder if Logos treats me better than they treat you. Otherwise how could a reasonable person, such as yourself, be so jaded? Confused

I use and benefit from Logos software. It is a tool. I do not worship it. My view about it is based in reality. I see its strengths and weaknesses, whereas your view seems to involve rose-colored glasses and a misguided need to attack others who do not view things exactly as you do.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 9:45 PM

Rosie Perera:

The point being, our preconceptions shape how we see any particular thing, and both viewpoints can be equally valid. We need to led go of our own viewpoint being the only right way to see something.

Good observation. I read Covey many years ago and had forgotten it. Today I would call this phenomenon a "Paradigm". It is basically a mental "filter" which the human brain uses to process incoming information. Information which does not quickly and easily conform to the previously accepted paradigm is either set aside or discarded. This allows the brain to function quickly in everyday situations. Decisions can be made quickly without endless analysis.

The downside is that the accepted paradigm may not be correct, and the brain actually begins working to filter out information which is true because it does not fit the paradigm. We see this in all areas of life, but is especially interesting in theology.

Rosie Perera:

You're both right, that's the beauty of it. Smile

Well, that's the way YOU see it Cool

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 9:47 PM

John:

Rosie Perera:

You're both right, that's the beauty of it. Smile

Well, that's the way YOU see it Cool

Thanks for being good natured in your disagreement with me. Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 9 2013 7:24 AM

John:
My view about it is based in reality.

Here we can agree, somewhat. We have separate realities. You seem to be choleric and I am melancholic. My "rose-coloured glasses"  see babies as something pleasant. I hear birds singing in the morning. I prefer solitude to crowds. I enjoy the simplicity of the moment.

It isn't that I think Logos is perfect. I just know it is the best. When people accuse Logos of being "greedy" they are accusing the people of Logos. (A company has no morals of it's own.) The leadership sets the moral compass of the company.

I take up offences when someone dear to me is attacked. The folk at Logos have endeared themselves to me over the past 5 years. At times I have acted zealously like Peter in the garden (John 18:10.)   I apologize for lopping off your ear. I accept that we see things differently.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 9 2013 3:20 PM

Super Tramp:

... We have separate realities ...

When people accuse Logos of being "greedy" ...

Yes I agree. It must have been in a separate reality that I accused Logos of being "greedy".

Posts 72
papa_gowgow | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 9 2013 3:58 PM

Reality: the dream of a mad philosopher.

[Ambrose Bierce]

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 5:20 PM

Wow, I've been away this past week and missed all the excitement. Although I personally didn't even see these mistaken prices this whole situation has once again confirmed my believe in Logos as an amazing company. I am pleased to be part of such a great community.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2013 8:47 AM

papa_gowgow:
Reality: the dream of a mad philosopher

We live on two levels ... the realistic level and the fantastic level, and which is the real one, really?

[Tennessee Williams]

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5429
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2013 1:14 PM

Kent:

David Paul:
That attitude certainly wouldn't make me want to be a customer.

Are you objecting to the company's' gracious act? I could see a point in finding fault with the actions of a person taking something that is not theirs, however, when grace is bestowed upon the undeserving, why complain?

Grace is deceitful. Prov. 31:30.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 10837
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2013 1:23 PM

David Paul:

Grace is deceitful. Psa. 31:30.

***Why does the link above link to Psa. 31:24? Odd.

Perhaps because

Were you referring to something other than an English translation?

Posts 5429
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2013 1:25 PM

My bad!! Prov. 31:30. Fixed above.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 10837
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2013 1:54 PM

6245:

My bad!! Prov. 31:30. Fixed above.

Aha. I should have thought of that Confused

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS