$40,000 mistake

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 43 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 7:44 AM

Well, I certainly judge. I don't see how I can demand Logos be honest in its marketing, and then suddenly forget about the other participant in the equation. 

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 7:46 AM

Denise:
I don't see how I can demand Logos be honest in its marketing, and then suddenly forget about the other participant in the equation. 

Smile

Posts 72
papa_gowgow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:00 AM

Michael Childs:

Why should I feel cheated or be jealous?  I didn't lose a thing.

Yes Well said

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:10 AM

Denise:

Well, I certainly judge. I don't see how I can demand Logos be honest in its marketing, and then suddenly forget about the other participant in the equation. 

I tend to agree, but I'm reminded of Rom 14.1-4

Welcome those who are weak in faith, but not for the purpose of quarreling over opinions. 2 Some believe in eating anything, while the weak eat only vegetables. 3 Those who eat must not despise those who abstain, and those who abstain must not pass judgment on those who eat; for God has welcomed them. 4 Who are you to pass judgment on servants of another? It is before their own lord that they stand or fall. And they will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:22 AM

I never noticed the temporarily zero prices. It wouldn't have mattered anyway, I could never live with myself seeking my own gain at someone else's direct loss, regardless of any type of company policy. After all, I'm the guy that parks my car and walks into the fast food restaurant if I was given too much change in the drive-through.

On the conspiracy side of things, this whole "mistake" thing would be an interesting marketing tacit.Wink

Just saying...

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 6728
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:31 AM

Paul Golder:
On the conspiracy side of things, this whole "mistake" thing would be an interesting marketing tacit.Wink

Paul, are you trying to get the conspiracy people in on this thread? Wink

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:32 AM

Without the grace of God, I would of bitten the bait if I knew about it. So I dont look down on those that did. May God deal with those that are his with gentleness, If Bob can, Im sure God can.Wink

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:38 AM

Lynden Williams:

Paul Golder:

Paul, are you trying to get the conspiracy people in on this thread? Wink

Who me? Angel

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:41 AM

Evan Boardman:
So I dont look down on those that did. May God deal with those that are his with gentleness, If Bob can, Im sure God can.Wink

Some users actually thought it was a special deal. In times past there have been errors in pricing and Logos has always honoured them. Not all of the titles in this latest event were mega-resources. Tozer Collection was one of the cheaper sets. It is conceivable some users just thought it was just a special deal. I am happy Logos responded the way they did. It makes me want to buy more resources. (I feel good about doing business with such a company.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3747
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:42 AM

Dave Hooton:

I'm impressed (by Logos and those who returned their 'purchase').

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1776
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:49 AM

Is it me, or was anyone else appalled that Logos is honoring these zero purchases?  I saw lots of these, questioned them, and simply did not order.

I do not feel entitled to anything I looked at that was zero either.

God bless Logos and those who got a zero bargain....I feel I sometimes "short" God (I confess) and would not want to short Logos to boot.

I do not want to bow to the god of "entitlement" this world seems to lift so high.

So glad I never ordered the zero items.  If they are in my orders, please charge me Logos...thanks.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 9:06 AM

Joshua Lieder:

God bless Logos and those who got a zero bargain....I feel I sometimes "short" God (I confess) and would not want to short Logos to boot.

I short nearly everything—but then, I'm not too tall.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 9:24 AM

1 Cor 10.13 but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

i am happy He allowed me to escape the temptation which I would not be able to bear it :) 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 9:55 AM

Paul Golder:

Just saying...

Not sure about that, Paul.  But I'll admit I wish Bob hadn't 'tooted his own horn.'  Reminds me about an admonition I once heard.  Something about 'sounding a trumpet.'  Maybe it's just me.  Hmm

Posts 19322
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 12:12 PM

George Somsel:
I short nearly everything

Good strategy if you think the stock market is going to be going down (but only if you're right).

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 12:48 PM

Not  recommended when bathing.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 9 2013 6:56 PM

Dave Hooton:

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 9 2013 10:41 PM

Ryan Robinson:

I believe Logos responded very well to this and it makes me honor them even though I still don't think I really should have what I got.

Ryan, if you obtained a title or a set at some absurd discount that can only be explained by a mistake in the pricing, you should consider returning it. The same goes for any other bargain-hunter reading this.

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 5:26 PM

Dave Hooton:

Do we have any idea how many people returned their purchase?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 5:37 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Dave Hooton:

Do we have any idea how many people returned their purchase?

I'm not sure anyone did since Bob simply encouraged those who benefitted to buy something else.  I don't think Logos is very interested in having anyone return their ill-gotten gains, um, booty.  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS