Bug Report. Please read.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Tane Kim | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 9 2013 6:25 PM

I am a Windows user.

I love to copy and paste words by pressing ctrl + C and then ctrl +v.

If I press left mouse click and hold it and drag it along a word as if highlighting, and then press ctrl +C and go to Microsoft office Word, and ctrl + V, then it works perfect.

However, if I double click a word (different than the word you chose before) in a bible, then the word is automatically selected, and if I press ctrl + C and go to Microsoft word, and press ctrl +V, then it doesn't work.

This is very important for me, because I love to copy a word at a time, when I want to search a word in google, or in search menu. I know I can type it without copying it, but when a word is in Greek or Latin, it is really hard for me to type.

Also, I am an intense note taker. There should be a way to put note with a shortcut keyboard keys. It's frustrating that I have to keep right click on a sentence and press "add note" whenever I need to add note. Please add shortcut key, like ctrl +N, and I am sure a lot of people will benefit from this feature.

Thanks

Posts 27766
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 9 2013 7:10 PM

Welcome to the forums. Smile

Tane Kim:
However, if I double click a word (different than the word you chose before) in a bible, then the word is automatically selected

Strange. When I double click, it brings up other resources... it doesnt "select" the word. (It could be a Mac vs. PC thing, but I dont think so.)

Tane Kim:
It's frustrating that I have to keep right click on a sentence and press "add note" whenever I need to add note. Please add shortcut key, like ctrl +N, and I am sure a lot of people will benefit from this feature.

How would "ctrl+N" know where the note should be attached?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 12
Tane Kim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 9 2013 7:18 PM

I am windows user, so it might be different for Mac... But for me, when I double click a word in a, for example, ESV bible, then, it selects the word.

When pressed Ctrl + N, I think the note should be attached to wherever the current verse is displayed in a box right below the title tab, like "Genesis 10:11."

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 9 2013 7:23 PM

alabama24:

Tane Kim:
However, if I double click a word (different than the word you chose before) in a bible, then the word is automatically selected

Strange. When I double click, it brings up other resources... it doesnt "select" the word. (It could be a Mac vs. PC thing, but I dont think so.)

I can confirm that on Windows, double-click does "select" the word, but it also brings up another resource to look up the word in (depending on your prioritization).

Thus the focus has been lost from the Bible window and is now on the new resource window, with nothing selected. So there is nothing to copy when you press Ctrl+C. Thus whatever was in the clipboard before (possibly empty) remains there. If you click back on your Bible tab, the focus will go back there, and then you can Ctrl+C.

Logos is not a Word processor, so it doesn't have as rich a variety of selection methods as Word has. For example, you can double-click and drag in Word to select word-by-word. You can't do that in Logos.

However, there's a solution. To do what you want to do, right-click on the word in your Bible (which will select the word and pop up a menu), then choose Copy from the popup menu (make sure "Selection" is the active tab in the popup menu first; it will remember this choice from the previous time you used that menu). This will copy that word to the clipboard.

Posts 10574
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 4:06 AM

Tane Kim:
When pressed Ctrl + N, I think the note should be attached to wherever the current verse is displayed in a box right below the title tab

Which note file? I have 55 different note files and may have more than one open during any study session. I want control over which one receives the note. That is the purpose of creating notes through right-click. As Rosie noted, double-click opens a supplementary resource.

Accordance works the way you are requesting, and I find it annoying. Double-click selects a word, and a triple-click is required to open the supplementary resource.

Posts 12
Tane Kim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 1:21 PM

I don't know if this would be practical, but I think one possible suggestion would be this:

There can be 12 possible shortcut key that can be set to 12 different notes: Cntl + Shift + f1~12. For instance, when one note is on focus, one can set cntrl +Shift +f1. Then, When bible is on focus, and if I am on particular verse, then if I press alt +f1, then that verse is assigned to the corresponding note. 

However, this is just a suggestion, and I do not know if this would be any practical. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS