logos 5 crash when quitting

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 77
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 12:27 AM

No stall or crash on quitting Logos this morning, 8/15/13, after leaving open all night. However, I received an update at some point in the evening / early morning, and perhaps that had an effect on the program). I was definitely not using Text comparison. I'll try again tonight, also without Text Comparison.

Warm regards,

Brian

Posts 10558
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 2:59 AM

Anon:

Jack Caviness:
You are correct; it is png. Guess will need to use Graphic Converter to make them jpg.

maybe not - see here  Big Smile

Unfortunately, opening a case on this does not necessarily mean that it will be fixed. There is hope, however, in the fact that Mac screenshots once worked without conversion.

LimJK:
Open PNG file with Preview.  Goto File-> Export ... -> Choose format (JPEG) -> Save

I normally use that same procedure with Graphic Converter, which is much more versatile than Preview.

Posts 10055
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 3:07 AM

Jack,

the forum software's inability to display *.png pictures seems to be an on-off-nuisance - I had hoped it was fixed earlier this year and haven't encountered it for some time now - however, I learned from another user (don't recall whom, maybe Alabama?) that you don't need to convert the picture to *.jpg, it's sufficient to rename them: simply add .jpg to the original filename and it will work.

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 100
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 5:04 AM

Here's my PMSET output on Mac OS X 10.8.4

Logos Bible Software 5.1 SR-3 (5.1.0.0979)

Active Profiles:
Battery Power        1
AC Power        -1*
Currently in use:
 womp                 1
 autorestart          0
 halfdim              1
 sms                  1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 gpuswitch            2
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            0
 sleep                0
 hibernatemode        3
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         10
 acwake               0
 lidwake              1

Have not experienced any shutdown crashes but the app crashed earlier this week and subsequently I kept getting the LOGOS crash reporter screen every time I started LOGOS. This ocurred about 5 6 times in a row. Now everything is back to normal.

SMack

Posts 10558
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 5:05 AM

NB.Mick:
simply add .jpg to the original filename and it will work.

Interesting. Converting is almost as easy for me as I do not normally display file extensions. Then the OS always asks if I really want to do this Geeked

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 5:24 AM

Jack Caviness:
Guess will need to use Graphic Converter to make them jpg.

Onyx has a setting that makes screenshots automatically save in .jpg instead of .png. Change that, and the bug won't bother you anymore.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 77
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 5:25 AM

SMack, are you using the logging utility?

http://www.logos.com/support/logos5/mac/problem

Warm regards,

Brian

Posts 77
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 5:30 AM

Is there something about jpg's / png's that I need to know about to prevent logos 5 from crashing when quitting?  I'm not following clearly that sub-topic of this thread.

Warm regards,

Brian

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 5:36 AM

Brian:

Is there something about jpg's / png's that I need to know about to prevent logos 5 from crashing when quitting?  I'm not following clearly that sub-topic of this thread.

It's unrelated to the crash, sorry. It's about posting screenshots in the forums. Sometimes (quite often actually), the forum rejects the .png and what is visible is a small box (which can be clicked to viewed). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2013 12:38 PM

Hi Brian,

Sorry, I lost track of which problem we were following here too. Is the crashing problem in Logos still occurring for you?

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 77
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2013 1:46 PM
Thanks for following up Mike. I haven't had a problem the last few days. I was having the problem everyday, but now all is good. But, I've been using a new layout without as much loaded. Earlier it was mentioned that Text Comparison might be the culprit. I didn't think I was using TC all that much, but maybe it was loaded and in a window I didn't open that much. (?) I'll keep trying to reproduce it. Thanks again!

Warm regards,

Brian

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 9:41 AM

Glad to hear it, Brian.

TC is opening in the lower-right corner whenever we search from the home page, so it may have worked its way into some previous layouts if they started from the home page. Development tells me there's a chance my fix suggestion to prevent this might make its way into an eventual 5.2 release, but we don't have an ETA on that yet and there's going to be a heavy amount of coding involved to re-work the panel so I expect it's a little ways off.

Another area I hadn't thought of, is the search panel. Using "Search (while typing)" in Bible Search can become sluggish as well - especially if you're searching a phrase or long string of terms. You can change this by clicking on the Search (while typing) link and changing it to normal Search.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS