The complete works of Spiros Zodhiates

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 11 2009 5:05 PM

What can i say Spiros Zodhiates 16 Vols Commentary on First Corinthians and his Exegetical Commentary On Matthew have appeared in Wordsearch but not in Logos.

http://www.wordsearchbible.com/catalog/Zodhiates_Commentary_on_First_Corinthians_3383.html

http://www.wordsearchbible.com/catalog/Exegetical_Commentary_On_Matthew_1546.html

I really, really, really would be grateful if the complete works of Spiros Zodhiates appeared in Logos.

AMG Publishes a lot of his material, i see but a few in Logos which is rather disappointing.

Thanks

Ted Hans

1 Corinthians Exegetical Commentary series

Exegetical Commentary on Matthew by Spiros Zodhiates

The Epistles of John: An Exegetical commentary (Exegetical Commentary Series) by Spiros Zodhiates

Was Christ God? by Spiros Zodhiates

What About Divorce by Spiros Zodhiates
Resurrection: True or False? by Spiros Zodhiates
Sickness Why Healing How by Spiros Zodhiates
Jesus & the Demon World by Spiros Zodhiates
Why Pray (Luke Trio Series) by Spiros Zodhiates
Conscience by Spiros Zodhiates
Why God Permits Accidents by Spiros Zodhiates
Tongues!? by Spiros Zodhiates
The Lord's Prayer by Spiros Zodhiates 
Can Men Become Gods? by Spiros Zodhiates
Did Jesus Teach Capitalism? by Spiros Zodhiates
Discipleship by Spiros Zodhiates
How to Manage Money by Spiros Zodhiates
Trouble, Trust, and Triumph by Spiros Zodhiates and Joan Zodhiates
Who Really Has the Answer? by Spiros Zodhiates
Who is worth following? by Spiros Zodhiates
You Can Be a Winner by Spiros Zodhiates
Perfect Gift by Spiros Zodhiates

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2089
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 6:15 PM

I also would like to see this in Libronix

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2009 2:35 PM

Oh what shall it take to see more of Zodhiates in Logos? Please Logos can we have this?

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2009 4:12 PM

WORDSearch is selling the 16 volumes for 299.95 but I just looked on the Biblesoft website (PC Study Bible) and unless I am missing something they are selling all 16 for 41.95???

http://store.biblesoft.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FirstCorb00207

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2009 5:43 PM

JamesChaisson:

WORDSearch is selling the 16 volumes for 299.95 but I just looked on the Biblesoft website (PC Study Bible) and unless I am missing something they are selling all 16 for 41.95???

http://store.biblesoft.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FirstCorb00207

I knew that WORDsearch was selling the set about $100.00 over the street price of the print editions, but if the Biblesoft price is correct, that would be some competition to deal with. It's good to be in a buyers market Smile

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2009 12:48 AM

Biblesoft has some more stuff of Zodhiates, i sure would prefer it in Libronix. The devil will be in the pricing.  I am sure 1corinthians will soon be offered at a sale price as is usually the case with WordSearch or one just has to call up their sales rep & the price comes tumbling down. I am holding out for the Logos version, would someone at Logos be kind enough to see that more of Zodhiates is made available? I read somewhere but i can't remember where now that Zodhiates resource was one of Libronix (I don't mean Logos) best seller. Does anyone have any info to confirm or disprove this, just don't want to be repeating something which is not factual?

Ted

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2009 7:08 AM

Paul Golder, you look very much like C.H. Spurgeon are you related to him Big Smile

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2009 4:04 PM

Ted Hans:

Paul Golder, you look very much like C.H. Spurgeon are you related to him Big Smile

Only in spirit, we share the same taste in tobacco.Smile

I've always liked this picture of him, usually in his portraits he has that stern, scholarly, pastoral expression. When I saw this one with him smiling, it looked more like the man behind the writings I've come to enjoy so much..

Now if I could only afford the Logos Charles Spurgeon Collection..., but as he said:”It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness”

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2009 4:14 PM

Ted Hans:

Biblesoft has some more stuff of Zodhiates, i sure would prefer it in Libronix. The devil will be in the pricing.  I am sure 1corinthians will soon be offered at a sale price as is usually the case with WordSearch or one just has to call up their sales rep & the price comes tumbling down. I am holding out for the Logos version, would someone at Logos be kind enough to see that more of Zodhiates is made available? I read somewhere but i can't remember where now that Zodhiates resource was one of Libronix (I don't mean Logos) best seller. Does anyone have any info to confirm or disprove this, just don't want to be repeating something which is not factual?

Ted

With Biblsoft's low price, I wouldn't be surprised if AMG isn't planning on releasing it in one of their excellent priced packages. And some of the others may just be trying to sell high priced milk before everyone can buy an inexpensive cow, so to speak.

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2009 2:13 PM

Sir.T:
I am sure 1corinthians will soon be offered at a sale price as is usually the case with WordSearch or one just has to call up their sales rep & the price comes tumbling down.

As Predicted the price for Zodhiates 1 Corinthians  has come been reduce in WordSearch http://www.wordsearchbible.com/catalog/Zodhiates_Commentary_on_First_Corinthians_3383.htm

Ted

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2009 2:26 PM

Sir.T:

Sir.T:
I am sure 1corinthians will soon be offered at a sale price as is usually the case with WordSearch or one just has to call up their sales rep & the price comes tumbling down.

As Predicted the price for Zodhiates 1 Corinthians  has come been reduce in WordSearch http://www.wordsearchbible.com/catalog/Zodhiates_Commentary_on_First_Corinthians_3383.htm

Ted

Not 1 Corinthians, but what am I offered for the 2nd Baptist Church of Corinth?  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2009 2:36 PM

George Somsel:
Not 1 Corinthians, but what am I offered for the 2nd Baptist Church of Corinth?  Big Smile

Nice one George, it drew a smile from me.

Ted Hans

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2009 4:26 PM

Sir.T:

80% off is a big difference, I hope no one paid the original price. My only problem now is talking my self out of buying it. But then again, it is a really good price...

I just know that if I do the next day it will show up on the pre-pub page

Decisions, decisions

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2009 4:43 PM

Paul Golder:

I just know that if I do the next day it will show up on the pre-pub page

Decisions, decisions

I know what you mean.ConfusedSad

Ted

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 1:46 PM

I guess it all depends on how badly you want the resource. Will you make use of it enough to justify the  immediate purchase while waiting on Libronix to get around to it? Even though it is in a less than perfect format? You can always purchase the Libronix format when it comes out. Even though it is usually much more expensive the enhanced funtionality of the Libronix library intergration makes a good resource worth it. For example:  I did buy the WORDSEARCH collection of A. W. Tozer for $32 before the Libronix version came out. It was worth every penny but I did not hesitate a minute to get it from LOGOS when it became available.  Same for the Ryrie collection. Then there are those titles I can't afford in Libronix format and have to settle for less-than-perfect.  I already had the works of John Owen in AGES PDF format. I can't quite bring myself to spend $400 for the Libronix edition. I've got the ICE commentary in PDF but can't spend $1000 pre-pub for it.  Agree? 

BTW, How come Spiro's commentary on James has been ommitted from all the digital editions?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 4:53 PM

MatthewCJones:

I guess it all depends on how badly you want the resource. Will you make use of it enough to justify the  immediate purchase while waiting on Libronix to get around to it? Even though it is in a less than perfect format? You can always purchase the Libronix format when it comes out. Even though it is usually much more expensive the enhanced funtionality of the Libronix library intergration makes a good resource worth it. For example:  I did buy the WORDSEARCH collection of A. W. Tozer for $32 before the Libronix version came out. It was worth every penny but I did not hesitate a minute to get it from LOGOS when it became available.  Same for the Ryrie collection. Then there are those titles I can't afford in Libronix format and have to settle for less-than-perfect.  I already had the works of John Owen in AGES PDF format. I can't quite bring myself to spend $400 for the Libronix edition. I've got the ICE commentary in PDF but can't spend $1000 pre-pub for it.  Agree? 

While I must agree that Libronix is superior for both study and research, WS is a capable useful tool, and some would argue superior in other useful ways. The anti-spendthrift part of me keeps me investing in both programs, I can not justify paying a higher price for a resource that is available at quite a difference in the other format, (unless there are other mitigating factors that outweigh the price difference). For WS it would be Tozer, and Ryrie, in Logos it would be Bible Essentials (Zodhiates), and Nelson titles, just to name some examples.

As far as the Commentary on First Corinthians, Libronix would be my preferred choice, because I find commentaries more useful with the advanced features. And I would think the price would be similar due to both of the other companies matching prices. The questions remain, if and when.. If Logos publishes it, when will they? I'm not in a hurry, so for now I will wait...

MatthewCJones:
BTW, How come Spiro's commentary on James has been ommitted from all the digital editions?

Yet another decision: Commentary on James in the "other" format...

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 5:16 PM

Paul Golder:
Yet another decision: Commentary on James in the "other" format...

What would that be?  E-Sword?  I don't recognize any other formats.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2009 5:07 AM

MatthewCJones:

Hi Matthew,

It is available in Logos, WordSearch, Biblesoft. so it has not been forgotten or left behind Smile

http://www.logos.com/products/details/1510  Logos

http://store.biblesoft.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FaithLovb00208   Biblesoft

Ted

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2009 11:03 AM

I guess I don't get around the web enough anymore.

I actually own two copies of AMG's Bible Essentials from many years ago. But when that computer crashed I just made the jump to Libronix 3.0 Scholar Gold. (I did not go the upgrade path from 1 to 2 to 3.)

I was told most of my CDs (including AMG's Bible Essentials) will NOT work with 3.0 so I never even tried to load them. This goes for my Christian History magazine, all the original eBible LifeWorks , Nelson's Ultimate Collection and the Works of Francis Schaeffer which I just bought again in the March Madness sale. I am fortunate to be hoarding all those old CDs and will begin my attempts at installing them.

And upon successful installation of Zhodiates I will finally part with my hardback copy of the James Commentary. My wife thanks you for the free space!

I guess I am going to have to do Camp LOGOS and read the newsgroups for HowTo's on installing the old stuff.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2009 11:23 AM

MatthewCJones:
I actually own two copies of AMG's Bible Essentials from many years ago. But when that computer crashed I just made the jump to Libronix 3.0 Scholar Gold. (I did not go the upgrade path from 1 to 2 to 3.)

I was told most of my CDs (including AMG's Bible Essentials) will NOT work with 3.0 so I never even tried to load them. This goes for my Christian History magazine, all the original eBible LifeWorks , Nelson's Ultimate Collection and the Works of Francis Schaeffer

My old CDs works with Logos 3.0 so don't throw away your copy of the Christian History magazine, all the original eBible LifeWorks , Nelson's Ultimate Collection and the Works of Francis Schaeffer.

After inserting the CD to run, it should prompt you for the serial number which you should enter. if it does not prompt for a serial number still go ahead to Tools,then Library management,then Location manager and copy the resource from your CD onto your hard drive. After that try synchronising your license.

Ted  

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS