A product on your wish list is on sale!

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:31 AM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

Bruce Dunning:

Randy, how do you keep track of the 6 lists?

Not well. Actually, I don't. I mainly just keep up with my Cart wish list. Every month or so I'll find myself in my wish lists, going through it again and shuffling things around as my studies advance and new things become important/interesting. But mainly I just track that one list of about 18 items.

It is making more sense to me. Do you actually have 6 separate lists then or just in your head?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:58 AM

Yeah, they are all in separate lists. I can't remember the new scheme for linking to public lists, but it looks like this: (I wish we could reorder the lists and the items within the lists.)

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 11:38 AM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):
Yeah, they are all in separate lists. I can't remember the new scheme for linking to public lists, but it looks like this: (I wish we could reorder the lists and the items within the lists.)

I honestly didn't realize that you could make different lists. That opens up a whole world of opportunities that will probably result in me spending more money. Those Logos marketing folks are doing their job.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 586
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 12:02 PM

I have three "red" items in my wish list (the highest discount being 20%). I have not seen anywhere (in the forums, at least) saying anything about how long these prices will be valid. Does anyone else have an "on sale 'til this date" notification?

Posts 27550
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 12:12 PM

Bill Shewmaker:
I have not seen anywhere (in the forums, at least) saying anything about how long these prices will be valid.

Neither do I… I don't think Logos always gives us that info.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 846
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 12:24 PM

I wanted to add a sale item to my Wish List to see if the red tag would pop up, but when I try to click on Add to Wish List for the item, nothing happens. I tried this with 2 resources - no luck.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 12:30 PM

Eric Weiss:

I wanted to add a sale item to my Wish List to see if the red tag would pop up, but when I try to click on Add to Wish List for the item, nothing happens. I tried this with 2 resources - no luck.

They've been working this morning trying to get things back up. Currently, most Wish List functionality is not working.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/74017/516710.aspx#516710 

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 12:33 PM

I just checked into my "red" wish list. Here is one item currently on my list -

Göttingen Septuagint (67 vols.)

Göttingen Septuagint (67 vols.)

by 7 Authors

The Göttingen Septuagint represents the largest Septuagint project ever undertaken. Published between 1931 and 2006, the Göttingen Septuagint contains the most authoritative critical apparatus of the Greek Old Testament ever assembled. Combining textual evidence from countless manuscripts and ancient sources—including Philo, Josephus, and the Greek Church Fathers—the Göttingen Septuagint is the most detailed and elaborate critical edition of the Septuagint ever published.less ... more

$655.37 Reg.: $699.95 Save: $44.58 (6%) BUT...this is not the best sale that is currently being offered. Specifically this item is currently offered on the Back to School Sale for much less - So...I would suggest that a bit more work may be needed by Logos to include the best sale when items come up on our wish lists.Now I have to figure out if I have the cash to actually get this great deal but that is another issue.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 4:44 PM

Hi Bruce,

Have you looked at this Logos resource:

Septuagint with Logos Morphology

May be helpful at a lower price point.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 6:39 PM

alabama24:

Bill Shewmaker:
I have not seen anywhere (in the forums, at least) saying anything about how long these prices will be valid.

Neither do I… I don't think Logos always gives us that info.

I believe there's two major sales going on right now:

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 6:58 PM

Steve:

Hi Bruce,

Have you looked at this Logos resource:

Septuagint with Logos Morphology

May be helpful at a lower price point.

I already have that one but thanks for the advice Steve. I think I would like the Göttingen but not sure I will use it enough to justify the price.

Posts 846
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 7:10 AM

The Add to Wish List link now works, so I added the Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary to see if it would display with a red tag, since it's on sale through September 13, but all that displays is the regular price and no red tag.

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 7:32 AM

Eric Weiss:

The Add to Wish List link now works, so I added the Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary to see if it would display with a red tag, since it's on sale through September 13, but all that displays is the regular price and no red tag.

I think that there are still issues with how this works. As I expressed above I would recommend that Logos adjust the settings on the wish list to include the best sales available at the time.

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 7:39 AM

I think the difference is that it's not setup to take into account items that require a coupon code.

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 7:45 AM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

I think the difference is that it's not setup to take into account items that require a coupon code.

I think you're right...or at least, I was thinking the same thing.

It would not surprise me to find out that they have a program that simultaneously changes your Wish List to show the price of the sale (attaching the coupon code to your wish list, basically) and emails you to go take a look. 

That would mean that if you add an item after this program runs, you would not see the price change in your Wish List and you wouldn't get the new email.

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 7:57 AM

William Gabriel:

It would not surprise me to find out that they have a program that simultaneously changes your Wish List to show the price of the sale (attaching the coupon code to your wish list, basically) and emails you to go take a look. 

That would mean that if you add an item after this program runs, you would not see the price change in your Wish List and you wouldn't get the new email.

That would work well.

Posts 846
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 8:51 AM

I got the email about the Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary sale (with the coupon code) without yet having the resource in my Wish List. So their system knows it sent me the email. I guess it needs more tweaking.

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 9:17 AM

I wish they would tweak it so we could email and/or give others access to our wishlist for birthdays and other gift giving occasions please.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 9:25 AM

Joshua Lieder:

I wish they would tweak it so we could email and/or give others access to our wishlist for birthdays and other gift giving occasions please.

Gimme, gimme, gimme.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 9:28 AM

Joshua Lieder:

There is a way to kind of pull this off, though it's not nearly as seamless. You could create an Amazon Wish List and then place the Logos items on it. I created an example for fun: http://amzn.com/w/33AIKCQ37M0QS

You can place non-Amazon items on an Amazon Wish List if you install a browser extension [Chrome, Firefox]. Whoever looks through your list will still need to call Logos sales and use your email address, but it would work.

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS