BUG: Active PBB not shaded (5.1a B3 – Mac OSX 10.8.4)

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 15 2013 12:57 PM

As you can see in my screen shot, the "active" personal book isn't "shaded." I was expecting everything below the previous book to have a light blue background. I believe this issue is new to this build.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 1:42 PM

Yes you are correct, this is an issue new to this build. I can reproduce this issue and I have created a case for Development. 

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2013 3:18 PM

Thanks Angela. Smile

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 10:52 AM

alabama24:
I was expecting everything below the previous book to have a light blue background. I believe this issue is new to this build.

The "active" personal book not being "shaded" is not a bug but by design. It is a styling change which was made to bring the Mac platform in parity with the Windows platform. 

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 1:07 PM

Angela Murashov:

alabama24:
I was expecting everything below the previous book to have a light blue background. I believe this issue is new to this build.

The "active" personal book not being "shaded" is not a bug but by design. It is a styling change which was made to bring the Mac platform in parity with the Windows platform. 

So this is what it has always looked like on windows? Can you send me the complaint paperwork? Wink

(In all seriousness, please tell the devs that they have lost their minds... But do it in a nice way. Smile)

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 3:56 PM

alabama24:
(In all seriousness, please tell the devs that they have lost their minds... But do it in a nice way. Smile)

They have! Clearly it was Windows that needed the parity. I only have 3 PB's to worry about but the lack of delineation is confusing.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 6:12 PM

Angela Murashov:
It is a styling change which was made to bring the Mac platform in parity with the Windows platform. 

At the risk of being obtuse... Is there anyone who would care to explain the rationale? Please? Smile

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 7:19 PM

Bump

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 8:06 PM

I fail to see how this is an improvement. 

Please - is there any way to get the old styling back? Windoze users might enjoy the new feature Wink

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 1:40 PM

I'm with the others: this does not look like an improvement.Ick!

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 10:36 AM

Bump

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:53 AM

alabama24:

Angela Murashov:
It is a styling change which was made to bring the Mac platform in parity with the Windows platform. 

At the risk of being obtuse... Is there anyone who would care to explain the rationale? Please? Smile

It was decided, before the personal book feature ever shipped, that the blue was too heavy in this case, so we decided to use a blue bar on the left side instead. for some reason that change didn't carry over to Mac in the beginning, so we just recently "fixed" it. You can barely see that bar in the screenshot here, though it should be much darker, and we should be getting that fixed soon.

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 12:59 PM

Darren Paul Wright:

It was decided, before the personal book feature ever shipped, that the blue was too heavy in this case, so we decided to use a blue bar on the left side instead. for some reason that change didn't carry over to Mac in the beginning, so we just recently "fixed" it. You can barely see that bar in the screenshot here, though it should be much darker, and we should be getting that fixed soon.

Thanks for responding Darren. Respectfully, that decision was crazy. The blue wasn't to heavy, and if it was, it could have been lightened. Please consider bringing it back. 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS