Can't get there from here? From the Wiki to the regular web site.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 16 2013 8:05 AM

I've got a page open to wiki.logos.com and wanted to open www.logos.com from that page.

Naturally I thought that clicking the Logos Bible Software logo (upper left) would get me there. It doesn't. It gets me to the wiki.

One would think that either the logo would get me to the main logos web site, or there would be some other path to the main logos web site from every page on the logos domain.

My suggestion is to either 1) have the logo redirect to the Logos web site home page, and create another link to the wiki home page on other pages, or 2) include a link in a prominent place on the wiki page to allow us to get to the main Logos web site with a click, rather than by typing in the URL.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 11:06 PM

Dreaming of header line on wiki with links that match other web sites:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 6:44 AM

The header links on blog.logos.com need to be enlarged to match the font size of the other sites.

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 8:17 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
One would think that either the logo would get me to the main logos web site

Yes

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 2:48 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

I've got a page open to wiki.logos.com and wanted to open www.logos.com from that page.

Naturally I thought that clicking the Logos Bible Software logo (upper left) would get me there. It doesn't. It gets me to the wiki.

One would think that either the logo would get me to the main logos web site, or there would be some other path to the main logos web site from every page on the logos domain.

My suggestion is to either 1) have the logo redirect to the Logos web site home page, and create another link to the wiki home page on other pages, or 2) include a link in a prominent place on the wiki page to allow us to get to the main Logos web site with a click, rather than by typing in the URL.

I have opened a case to investigate this.

Thanks,
Mike

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 10:36 AM

Mike Estes - Logos:

I have opened a case to investigate this.

Thanks,
Mike

Nothing has changed as of today. If Logos doesn't intend to change this, let me know.

To reiterate, my expectation is that clicking the Logos icon on the top left in the wiki will direct me to the Logos web site home page (http://www.logos.com), or that there would be a link elsewhere on the page that would get me there. 

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 10:45 AM

That just happened to me also and I was wondering if I was missing something obvious. Good to know it wasn't just me!

Posts 18863
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 10:56 AM

This should be a really quick fix. I don't know why someone doesn't just do it.

However there could be some disagreement as to whether it should work that way, and maybe they've thought they should leave it as is (typically clicking on the graphic in the header or upper left corner of a blog or wiki goes back to home page of the CURRENT website not to another site) and instead do a more extensive redesign of the wiki layout that would have the whole toolbar of links along the top like on the forums and logos.com website.

It would be good to hear back from Logos as to what's the hold-up. This should seriously take one minute to fix if it's been decided that it should be fixed. Making the decision would probably take longer than a fix would. The decision has been delayed unnecessarily by internal bureaucracy (it's a low priority thus we'll think about it later).

Posts 10797
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 11:14 AM

Looks to me like it's in the 'Cold Case' department.  Along with how to change your forum ID to not include your computer.

But more seriously, simply turning off images in your browser is the correct solution (as Logos workarounds generally do).  It's easy to then see you're going in a circle.

My guess is the wiki isn't a Logos official product (though site).  Missing all that great marketing text.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 1:52 PM

Rosie Perera:
maybe they've thought they should leave it as is (...) and instead do a more extensive redesign of the wiki layout that would have the whole toolbar of links along the top like on the forums and logos.com website.

There's a reply to me somewhere saying that a redesign of that toolbar to make it consistent through all websites is on the list.

Denise:
Looks to me like it's in the 'Cold Case' department.

I suspect Logos' 'Cold Case Department' is very large in number of cases, and very small in number of full time employees.Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS