How to keep the scriptures open that you have look up or go back with just a click?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Don Clowers | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 16 2013 11:16 AM

I am a new user to Logos, I have Logos 5 and I have an I Mac and I am totally overwhelmed. When you open a scripture and then go on to the next one and you want to go back to that one how do you go back without having to type it in and lose the one that you are presently look at to compare?

Thanks I hope someone will help me. No one at Logos will help me they just tell me to watch the video's.

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 11:40 AM

Don Clowers:
When you open a scripture and then go on to the next one and you want to go back to that one how do you go back without having to type it in

Use the arrow button next to the "i" with the circle around it in the top left corner of the Bible that you have open.

Don Clowers:
and lose the one that you are presently look at to compare?

You may need to open a new tab of the Bible.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 11:43 AM

Don,

You'll find a small black left and right arrow on the RHS of the resource heading bar. clicking on that takes you back (and forth) one reference at a time.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1049
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 11:50 AM

Don, welcome to the forums.

Lynden mentioned the back button, which I've circled in this picture.

You may also want to consider this strategy: open up another tab with your favorite bible translation, then select "Send Hyperlinks Here" in the menu. That tab will have the bulls-eye icon on it when you've enabled it. That way you can keep your primary text open and control it while sending reference links to the new tab. Here's a picture that shows you where that's at:

Posts 6
Don Clowers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 11:58 AM

William, I used Bible soft for a long time but it is not available on a mac so this is why I went to Logos. I still have not found out how to have several different scripture references open at one time to compare.

Thanks

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:04 PM

In the resource menu of the bible you're viewing (the button with the book cover on it) there is an option to copy the resource to a new tab. Click on that. You can then drag the tab out and position where you want so you can see both.

Posts 1049
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:04 PM

Don, you can open up a new tab or window by right clicking the tab of the Bible you're looking at or using a key combo shortcut. Here's another screenshot. You can have as many Bible tabs or windows open as you want, and you can arrange the tabs anyway you want: just click and drag the tab around and Logos will highlight where your tab would drop if you let go of the mouse button.

Posts 6
Don Clowers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:18 PM

This helps but I still have not found where or how to open several different scripture locations at one time. I barely know  how to get the Bible open.

Posts 1049
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:20 PM

Don Clowers:

This helps but I still have not found where or how to open several different scripture locations at one time. I barely know  how to get the Bible open.

Based on what Randy Sims and I have said so far, you have two or more Bible tabs open. In one of the tabs, type in the scripture reference you want to go to, and it will appear in that tab. Or if you have a Bible reference link in a resource that's open (e.g. a commentary), it will bring one of those tabs to that reference.

As I had mentioned before, you can manipulate tabs pretty freely in order to position them wherever you'd like wrt to each other. That way you can have them next to each other or one on top of another, or you can have floating windows with free association.

EDIT: Think of Logos like a web browser. You can have multiple tabs/windows open, and each one can have its own address. You'll have to type the url into the address bar (the reference in the reference box), but it is completely customizable to your needs.

Posts 6
Don Clowers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:27 PM

Thanks for the help, I have quite a learning experience ahead of me with all this new and great material.

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:29 PM

You might want to have a look at some of the great free and low cost training videos:

From Logos: http://www.logos.com/videos

Forum MVP Mark Barnes: http://www.logosbiblesoftwaretraining.com/videos/

John Fallahee @ Learn Logos: http://www.learnlogos.com/default.asp

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 9:29 AM

Don Clowers:

One way to open a Bible is use the open command: e.g.

open leb to php4.4

then click (or press enter):

After the Bible opens, click the "+" for a new tab:

On New Tab, click a Bible:

Now two Bibles are open to the same verse:

Drag a Tab until blue highlight shows side by side:

After adjusting tab widths, now have Bibles side by side with the same verses:

Logos has Bible Book abbreviations => http://www.logos.com/support/windows/L4/abbreviations

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 11:08 PM

Don Clowers:

What KSFJ showed you, and further you can have multiple Bible versions open in multiple tabs - have a look at my usual layout running Logos in this post: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/73828/515318.aspx#515318

Also you can use the Text Comparison tool to see different versions directly side by side, see this post:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/73378/511629.aspx#511629

There's a lot you can do in Logos, and many very knowledgeable users on the forums happy to share & help.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 11:41 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Thankful can use "+" to open the same Bible so can compare verses:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 11:57 PM

Thankful can use "+" to open the same Bible so can compare verses:

Keep Smiling Smile

Hey KSFJ, OT from the OP but how have you found the Complete Jewish Bible? Worth getting?

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 12:57 AM

Patrick S.:
Hey KSFJ, OT from the OP but how have you found the Complete Jewish Bible? Worth getting?

Thankful for Logos resource => http://www.logos.com/product/6645/complete-jewish-bible

Personally purchased bonded leather bound Complete Jewish Bible that is often open on Sundays during worship service.  Thankful for audio CD set of Jewish New Testament, which was an enjoyable listening experience.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS