BUG: Cannot update Faithlife Profile

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 17 2013 2:31 AM

My profile is sitting at 70% complete ... however, when I enter the missing data, if refuses to update ... we're talking birthdate, gender, and other such things no one wants to know anyway but it does make it impossible to fulfill the $20 gift card requirements.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10525
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 3:37 AM

Seems to have updated for me, but have seen posts in other threads from several who have the same experience as you do.

Posts 9
Jackona80 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 8:12 AM

This is also true for me...mine is sitting at 40% complete...

Posts 2
Anna Joy Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 11:29 AM

Please try to close and reopen your browser, We have found that that may cause that percentage bar to catch up to the reality that you have actually finished filling out your profile.  :-)   If that does not work, we are always available for you 6am-6pm in Customer Service, Monday-Saturday at 800-875-6467

Best of luck!

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 12:48 PM

I've give a call - it's not just the percentage, it is not updating. Thanks

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1825
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 1:12 PM

I had the same problem in Internet Explorer. I logged in with Chrome and it seemed to update. It would be nice if there were "submit changes" or "abort changes" buttons at the bottom of the page so that I knew the changes had been submitted to the server.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2013 1:19 PM

I'm on Firefox ... I placed a call into Customer Service and am waiting confirmation that it's been bumped up (and fixed).

Posts 8900
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 4:24 AM

MJ. Smith:

I'm on Firefox ... I placed a call into Customer Service and am waiting confirmation that it's been bumped up (and fixed).

I'm on Firefox too and didn't have an issue. Did you get this fixed?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 6:59 AM

Using Opera 12.16 web browser, updated profile, then refreshed https://faithlife.com/ that no longer has profile % progress.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 11:31 AM

Bruce Dunning:
Did you get this fixed?

No - I'll call again Monday. I suspect there is something wrong as e result of having started the profile when it was in beta.

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 4:56 PM

My profile said it was 70% completed but never showed me how to finish it.

So much for my additional goodies for doing so.

Posts 17
F. Allen Rasnake | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 2:11 PM

Mine would not change until I added a profile photo.

Posts 615
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:09 AM

Not sure if it's related, but I uploaded a profile photo yesterday and it's not displaying on the forums. On the main logos site it displays at the top of the page but not on the forums.

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2013 12:15 PM

There can be a delay of a day or so for the picture to propagate across the Logos servers.

Posts 167
David Kirk Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2013 7:46 AM

I'm at 90 percent. I don't have a linkedin account and I'm not getting one for $20. It is absurd that it isn't able to opt out. Alsmy the profile pic won't update. I guess I don't get my $20. That is. Lot of work for $20

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2013 8:02 AM

David Kirk Davis:
I don't have a linkedin account and I'm not getting one for $20.

You don't need one for the promo. I don't have the URL for the promo handy, but there were a few things that were optional, and this was one of them.

I don't have a linked in account either. Nor do I have a web site.

But I did manage to get my Faithlife Profile to 100% without putting in that data. The things that are necessary have an asterisk behind them on the Faithlife profile form.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS