Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:08 PM

Purchased a new uPad with Cellular and renamed my old one for my Bride's exclusive use. Only problem, Logos refuses to recognize the new name and now lists 2 versions of Jack's iPad.

How do I convince Logos that one of those devices is actually Lynn's iPad?

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:14 PM

Big Smile

Jack

Sorry I don't know, but now I see how I can get a new iPad!

Thanks, brother.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 29244
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:36 PM

Jack – Can you explain what you mean by rename? Is she using your library or another?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:39 PM

alabama24:

Jack – Can you explain what you mean by rename? Is she using your library or another?

She is using my library, but her iPad is named Lynn's iPad. It is quite confusing to have two devices with the same name. Surely, Logos programmers are smart enough to realize that devices do on occasion change ownership.

BTW: Thanks for the good laugh Alan

Posts 29244
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:51 PM

Jack Caviness:
 Surely, Logos programmers are smart enough to realize that devices do on occasion change ownership.

...But Logos is designed for ONE USER, so switching ownership isn't an issue... Wink

(Sorry for the snark... Just too good to pass up. Stick out tongue

To change the name, go into your account on the website. Click the "mobile" tab on the left. Find the device you want to change. Click on the name, and it will become editable. 

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:58 PM

alabama24:
...But Logos is designed for ONE USER, so switching ownership isn't an issue... Wink

Logos did not change users; the device did. We are one, but the iPads are two.

alabama24:
To change the name, go into your account on the website. Click the "mobile" tab on the left. Find the device you want to change. Click on the name, and it will become editable. 

Thank you, my snarky friend. Guess I should look at my account setting more often.

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2013 6:06 PM

How do I identify which device is which? I have an iPod touch which I don't use much after buying my first iPad, but now I don't see it listed. I see two iPads. One s/be iPod Touch & one s/be iPad4. 

Thank you

HP Laptop Win 7 | iPad 4 | iPhone 6 | L5 Platinum | Galaxy Mega 6.3

Posts 29244
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2013 6:37 PM

Bev N:
How do I identify which device is which?

If you can't differentiate, try adding another one of the logos apps to one device. That one will show the extra app. 

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2013 4:32 AM

alabama24:

Bev N:

If you can't differentiate, try adding another one of the logos apps to one device. That one will show the extra app. 

That was what I had to do in order to distinguish between two Jack's iPads

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2013 6:44 AM

Jack Caviness:

alabama24:

Logos did not change users; the device did. We are one, but the iPads are two.

Now we have not only the Trinity but the duality (I guess that has been true ever since the Garden). 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 12:07 PM

alabama24:

Bev N:

I have all Logos Apps on both iPads because I like to have separate/different studies going at the same time. When I'm done I close the App, but then when I come back to it & open the App it opens to the workspace I was studying before. The history of books opened are specific to that App.

I'm thinking that I need to work backwards from your suggestion alabama24. What if I remove one of the Logos Apps, then on My Account it should only show the two Apps that remain. Or won't that work? (My downloaded books should remian on the iPad because the other two Apps are still on the iPad) Then if I need to just put the App back on the active iPad once distinguished which is which.  

Should I try this or will I create another problem i'm not aware of?

Thank you

Posts 24526
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 12:30 PM

Hi Bev

please be aware that downloaded books are specific to each app, they are not shared between them.

Graham

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 12:42 PM

Thanks Graham. I only have 5-10 downloaded books, the majority on my Library I access via WiFi.

When the App is removed & if needed put the App back on, will my library of books need to be Indexed? So. I should allow time for that.

Posts 29244
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 12:53 PM

Bev N:
When the App is removed & if needed put the App back on, will my library of books need to be Indexed? So. I should allow time for that.

There is an indexing of sorts on mobile, but it isn't anything like indexing in L5. My library is about 3500 books on mobile… it only takes a few minutes to index.

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 1:00 PM

Hmmm...I thought I read if I type in Local it will show downloaded books. But I checked my Apps & they each show the same books & if I Touch "i" it shows the Download oval to Touch to Download.

Posts 29244
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 1:04 PM

Bev N:
I have all Logos Apps on both iPads

Here is the current list of apps by Logos. Conclave, Proclaim Remote, and the Reformation Study Bible aren't their normal book apps. Do you have all 5 of the book apps?

1. Bible! (Also referred to as the "Logos mobile app")
  2. Faithlife Study Bible
  3. Vyrso
  4. Biblia! (spanish)
  5. Verbum Catholic Bible Study (mix between Bible! & Faithlife apps)

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 1:05 PM

Indexing is the green line I see moving across OR is that something else?

Posts 29244
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 1:06 PM

Bev N:
Hmmm...I thought I read if I type in Local it will show downloaded books. But I checked my Apps & they each show the same books & if I Touch "i" it shows the Download oval to Touch to Download.

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you have typed local ... The correct syntax is local: .

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 1:06 PM

Oh, thank you...I forgot about some of those Apps.

Posts 243
Bev N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 1:09 PM

Oh, I need the colon? if so, that's why the books display different.

i did type all lower case local if that makes a difference.

thanks again

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS