Personal Book not appearing in Sermon Starter Guide

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Paul Simester | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 26 2013 4:47 AM

Hi All,

Apologies if I'm missing something really obvious here!

I'm using Logos 5 and have recently succeeded in creating my first Personal Book.  It indexed correctly, and when I do a search on a particular Bible passage it appears as expected under My Content.  However when I do the same search using the Sermon Starter Guide it doesn't appear in the My Content section, although my Notes do.

Any ideas, please?

Paul

Posts 27561
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 5:14 AM

Wlecome to the forums! Smile

How did you index it? If the book isn't private & copyrighted, it might help to see the document. I haven't attempted to look for my personal books in the SSG, so it will be a learning curve for me as well. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6
Paul Simester | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 5:55 AM

Hi!  Many thanks for the quick reply, Alabama.

I indexed it the only way I know how Big Smile

Following the tutorial and Help: I saved documents in .docx format, created a Personal Book, Clicked on Add File and pointed to the files I wanted included, then clicked on Build Book.  After a few seconds I get the Build Successful message.

Each document has a table of metadata at the beginning - Sermon File Type, Passages, Topics, Tags, Date, Speakers, Venues.  The metadata values show correctly in the index at the end of the Personal Book.  The fact that the book shows up in a simple Search of a Bible passage would seem to indicate that the metadata has been indexed by Logos.

It isn't copyrighted, but it's not really for public consumption!  I had thought that I might create a 'test' book with a simple single document in it to try out various alternative methods in case I'm doing something wrong.

Posts 27561
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:20 AM

I think someone else will need to chime in. I am not sure if personal books can be added to the sermon starter guide or not.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:46 AM

alabama24:
I am not sure if personal books can be added to the sermon starter guide or not.

Just tried it with 5.1a RC-1, and Personal Books appeared in the Sermon Starter Guide.

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:51 AM

Revd. Paul Simester:
However when I do the same search using the Sermon Starter Guide it doesn't appear in the My Content section, although my Notes do.

Discovered that I needed to put the Personal Books into a collection in order to have them appear in the Sermon Starter Guide. For this experiment I just created a collection of Personal Books by using the rule "edition:User" (without the quotes)

If you have many Personal Books, you might want a better rule. Let me know if you need assistance.

Posts 6
Paul Simester | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 11:19 PM

Many thanks, Jack.

Sounds like a good plan - I'll give it a try later today and let you know how I get on.

Posts 6
Paul Simester | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:06 AM

Thank you, Jack - worked perfectly!Yes

Posts 2
Benjamin Muis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 7:29 AM

Dear All,

Great. I was strugeling with the same problem. Is it also possible that the sermon, I have made in a PPB, appear under the heading 'sermon' in the Sermon Starter Guide?

Best Regards,

Benamin

Posts 24855
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:56 AM

I doubt it as the (Faithlife) ones that do appear are specially tagged for topic/reference. But try and see!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS