Crash/Bug - Layout Icons Not Updating

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 96
Larry Burtoft | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 26 2013 6:56 AM

When I update a layout to current snapshot, it works for the drop down list of layouts, but not if I use the layout icon I created for that layout, which brings up an older version of the layout. I recently updated from Logos 4 (Windows) to Logos 5 (Mac). The layout icons were created in Logos 4 (Windows).

Here's the log requested:

6283.LogosLogs.CarpeDiemCoramDeo.20130826-074600.zip

Posts 27684
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:01 AM

Larry Burtoft:
When I update a layout to current snapshot, it works for the drop down list of layouts, but not if I use the layout icon I created for that layout, which brings up an older version of the layout.

By "layout icon," do you mean icons on the shortcut bar menu?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 96
Larry Burtoft | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:12 AM

Yes

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 12:20 PM

Hello Larry,

I apologize for the difficulty. I've tested this by dragging a layout from both the history and the named layouts section, but I cannot duplicate this behavior.

It might be possibly that your shortcut is pointing to an old copy of a layout you re-saved by saving a layout under the same name, instead of updating it from the snapshot. This was common in Logos 4, which doesn't have the visible "update" options.

I'd recommend deleting your shortcut and dragging a new one. Going forward, you'll want to be sure to use update, and avoid saving a new layout with the same name as an old one (which causes duplication in the history list).

Let me know if that doesn't help.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 96
Larry Burtoft | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 2:05 PM

Thanks, Mike. That seems to have fixed the issue. Much appreciated. Blessings ~ Larry

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS