Mac OSX dictation stopped working and logos 5

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 293
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 26 2013 1:09 PM

Why does the Mac dictation all of a sudden not work in logos 5? I believe it did work and other versions of logos 5. I have Parkinson's plus I was a bad typist to begin with.

Posts 27684
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 1:58 PM

Mike - I can only give you a guess... but I think it is a good one. Stick out tongue

Logos previously utilized parts of the notes engine from the OS (Mac or Windows). Logos has since moved to an "in house" solution. This is to help make the notes engine better, but there were some side effects. One of these side effects is that spell check (an unsupported feature, and only worked on Mac) was removed. Logos got spell check "for free" when they utilizes OSX features... My guess is that dictation falls into the same category as spell check. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 10:24 AM

Hello Mike,

I apologize for the trouble. I'd be glad to look into this for you. Are you referring to the "Read Aloud" (Command+R) function in Logos resources or are you using a 3rd party screen reader? Is this not working in any particular resources?

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 293
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 10:36 AM

No, look under system preferences dictation and speech. it's dictation sort of like Siri on the iPhone.

Posts 1576
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 10:41 AM

While it doesn't appear to work in most of the Logos app, it does work for me in notes, but the prompt appears in the lower left corner of my screen. I am with you...this is a feature that should remain enabled.

Mike: it's not a reader, it's the speech to text feature built into OS X.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS