FREE book John MacArthur Strange Fire by mail

Page 4 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 69 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 23205
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 21 2014 4:31 AM

Hi Ron

Ron Corbett:
The book is by Dr. Michael Brown and is titled: "Authentic Fire". I recommend it highly and would like to see it in Logos.

Suggested at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/79430.aspx so hopefully Logos are looking at it

Graham 

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2014 10:39 AM

Graham Criddle:

Suggested at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/79430.aspx so hopefully Logos are looking at it

Graham 

Yes, I know. Thank you for posting the link to that thread. 

I thought it might be helpful to mention (I hope, in a non-adversarial tone) Dr. Brown's book in this thread. 

Posts 20
Patrick J. Melancon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 19 2014 5:12 AM

A review turns into a debate when the person reading the review disagrees with your opinion.

Posts 20
Patrick J. Melancon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 19 2014 5:14 AM

I listened and watched in online.  It was a scholarly presentation of biblical facts pertaining to the subject.  At times, it veered to personal snide remarks, but for the most part a good grounded biblical presentation.

Posts 1459
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 21 2014 3:40 PM

Patrick J. Melancon:

I listened and watched in online.  It was a scholarly presentation of biblical facts pertaining to the subject.  At times, it veered to personal snide remarks, but for the most part a good grounded biblical presentation.

i think Craig Kenner nails down all my concerns of MacArthurs selective use of history, and Biblical misuse. I would not attribute MacArthurs work as scholarly. Here is the link:

http://pneumareview.com/john-macarthurs-strange-fire-reviewed-by-craig-s-keener/

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 437
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 21 2014 4:10 PM

27  If anyone speaks in a atongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must binterpret;

28  but if there is no interpreter, he must keep silent in the church; and let him speak to himself and to God.

Posts 10743
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 3:12 PM

Wild Eagle:

Interesting article. Being a cessationist, I naturally did not agree with all his points. However, his critique of MacArthur's book is spot on.

Posts 257
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 5:31 PM

Both Michael Brown and Craig Keener take apart MacArthur's premise, imho.  What's really funny to me is that they are both far more "Sola Scriptura" on this issue than MacArthur is, even though that's his rallying cry all the time.  But not on this issue.  I think "Authentic Fire" should be added to Logos immediately as a counter-balance to "Strange Fire." 

Posts 2
Tony Ahie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 2:13 PM

haha i no where u coming from, but........ hes not anti holy spirit, i was in2 charismatic theology in a BIG way... MacArthurs teaching helped connect the dots. bless ya ;)

Posts 2
Tony Ahie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 2:17 PM

i no where u coming from! but....... i was into charismatic theology BIG time, but johns teaching helped me connect with the truth , bless ya ;) check it out www.gty.org/strangefire

Page 4 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS