Table of Content keeps opening despite ...

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 58
Gloria | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 27 2013 7:28 AM
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Every time I open my layouts, the table of contents for the bibles and other books are open. I will go and close them all, and save the layout, only for them to be open again when I use that layout. Can someone help me to keep them off. It's time consuming to close them every time I switch layouts, which I do a lot. Thanks Gloria
Posts 22222
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 27 2013 7:48 AM

HI Gloria

I've just done a simple test to try and look at this - I created a new layout with a single Bible in it.

I then tried various options - including opening old layouts which contained the same Bible.

What seems to be happening - in my setup - is that when a layout is opened the ToC state for resources is the same as it was the last time the resources were open as opposed to the state they were in the last time the layout was saved.

Is this consistent with what you are seeing or are you seeing something different?

(What version of Logos are you running on which OS?)

Graham

Posts 22222
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 27 2013 7:50 AM

Hi Gloria

After posting my earlier reply I found http://community.logos.com/forums/t/62731.aspx which provides some context into may be happening.

Does this explain what you are seeing?

Graham 

Posts 10453
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 27 2013 8:13 AM

I don't know if Gloria's issue = Bruce's.

But for a long time I battled the NRSV due to wanting the TOC showing in my NT page (apocrypha), but hidden on the OT page (same layout).

Presently the correct views are saved / re-opened at least for the NRSV.

Posts 22222
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 27 2013 8:52 AM

Denise:
Presently the correct views are saved / re-opened at least for the NRSV.

Interesting.

I can't get that - on my test layout (which now has two copies of the NRSV open), the ToC state is the same on both when the layout is opened even if it was different when saved.

Posts 10453
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 27 2013 1:27 PM

Okie dokie. 

(1) Save layout; close all; re-load layout: works (maybe)

(2) Save layout; exit program; re-start and load layout: didn't work.

I don't have any confidence #1 works either. I'm exhausted.

I assume the logic is, they have a resource load routine that copies the resource settings from the most recent extent. Makes sense.

Then in their layout load, they call the resource load routine, allowing it to over-write the layout settings. Makes no sense.

The odd part is that maybe 4 people in as many years use 2 instances of a Bible with non-matching needs?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS