How much space will i require for LOGOS 5 on my Mac book Air?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8
Hansel Geo Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 31 2013 12:02 AM

Hi,

Could Someone please tell me How much space I would require for download of Logos 5 on to my mac book air? I don't have much space on the macbook air, hence, i was wondering whether most of the info is cloud based or is it going to be stored on to my laptop/desktop?

God Bless,

Hansel

Posts 22855
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 12:08 AM

Hi Hansel - and welcome to the forums.

the software and resources will be downloaded to your computer.

what package do you have?

Graham

Posts 72
Zachary Oglesby | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 4:26 AM

The amount of space required depends on what you have in your library. As an example I have L5 Platinum and a few random other collections and I am using 17 GB on my MacBook Air.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 5:37 AM

You also need extra space available for indexing.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 6:18 AM

Hansel Geo Thomas:
Could Someone please tell me How much space I would require for download of Logos 5 on to my mac book air?

Welcome Big Smile

Logos has a support page with download sizes for base packages => http://www.logos.com/support/tech-faq#size  Suggest doubling download size for space estimate.

Purchasing more resource(s) will increase space used: e.g. 32.62 GB of resource files in a 50.57 GB Logos folder that needs ~12 GB free when rebuilding 9.68 GB Library index so personally need 63 GB of free space for a Logos Library with Portfolio, Verbum Capstone, Master Bundles, ...

Hansel Geo Thomas:
I don't have much space on the macbook air, hence, i was wondering whether most of the info is cloud based or is it going to be stored on to my laptop/desktop?

Logos 5 stores your library locally.  Cloud option is http://biblia.com that has less features than Logos 5.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8
Hansel Geo Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 22 2013 12:55 AM

Thank you for the info Zachary. 

God Bless,

Hansel

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS