Now on Dynamic Pricing

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 13059
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 2 2013 7:00 AM

I thought it would be helpful to have a thread that listed which Logos resources are available on dynamic pricing, and add new posts to the thread when we discover products have been switched to dynamic pricing. As far as I know, there's no definitive list, so the only way you can tell if a product is on dynamic pricing is if you get a cheaper price when you're logged in. I was surprised as to how many were available, but the list below is by no means complete, so if you know of others, please add them to this thread. 

Plus:

Posts 9852
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 7:02 AM

Thanks Mark! 

Posts 2760
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 8:26 AM

Mark Barnes:
if you get a cheaper price when you're logged in

So do you log out and check the price to see this? I guess one could keep a different browser on hand to do this; otherwise its a bit of a pain.

Would Logos be willing to put a blurb in the product descriptor header to indicate such?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 9:12 AM

Let me know if any are repeats (or not really dynamic!):

George Müller Collection (12 vols.)
Jerry Bridges Collection (15 vols.)
Christian Focus Preaching and Worship Collection (12 vols.)

Great list btw!  I was working on something similar as a separate wish list.

Posts 13059
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 9:18 AM

Doc B:
So do you log out and check the price to see this?

For most products (except the bundles), the search results show the proper price, and you only get the dynamic price when you click through. It would be much easier if we could search just those with dynamic pricing, as if you have most but not all of a large package, you'll often get a very significant discount compared to buying the remaining resources individually.

Posts 8758
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 7:15 PM

Great thread Mark. Thanks for initiating this. I think that Logos should establish an icon on each page that that has dynamic pricing.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8758
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 7:24 PM

I have also said this in other threads but I wish that there was an easy way to tell which resources you already own when dynamic pricing is applied to a bundle.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 8:19 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I have also said this in other threads but I wish that there was an easy way to tell which resources you already own when dynamic pricing is applied to a bundle.

Me too.  The Essential Reference Bundle only cost me $20 but I had to buy it to see what resources would download. I had every title I tried checking.  I figure I got about $85 worth of resources so I am ok with that.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 157
Reimar Vetne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 3:11 AM

Mark Barnes:
the only way you can tell if a product is on dynamic pricing is if you get a cheaper price when you're logged in

Mark, unless you have academic discount as a student or faculty (which I thought you have?), then the price might be lower when you're logged in due to the academic discount and not necessarily due to dynamic pricing. Or am I missing something?

Posts 13059
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:28 AM

Reimar Vetne:
Mark, unless you have academic discount as a student or faculty (which I thought you have?), then the price might be lower when you're logged in due to the academic discount and not necessarily due to dynamic pricing. Or am I missing something?

Unfortunately, my student status has currently lapsed. I'm hoping I might be able to resume my studies at a later date. And although I do some lecturing, you now have to be full-time to qualify as faculty, so I don't get faculty discounts, either.

Posts 13059
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:32 AM

Paul Newsome:
Some others I've found based off of my library:

Thanks! I've added them to my list.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 6:25 AM

Mark Barnes:

Paul Newsome:
Some others I've found based off of my library:

Thanks! I've added them to my list.

Also add:

Bible and Spade (thank you Logos!)

Appreciate the list you put together Mark.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 6:58 AM
Reimar Vetne:

Mark Barnes:
the only way you can tell if a product is on dynamic pricing is if you get a cheaper price when you're logged in

I too thought about that Reimer; However sometimes a combination of the discount coming out to a price other than US $XX.95 combined with a reasonable discount shown when you own some of the books in the collection = a good hint. I too am currently without the academic program.
Posts 13059
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:13 AM

David Bailey:
Bible and Spade (thank you Logos!)

Done! Thanks for pointing that out. I had the original Bible and Spade, and it's now offering me the additional eight volumes for about $19.

Posts 476
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:21 AM

The Jeremiah LifeWorks Library, The Jeremiah LifeWorks Library 2.0, and the Norman L. Geisler Apologetics Library (13 vols.) also have dynamic pricing.

Posts 13059
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:49 AM

elnwood:

The Jeremiah LifeWorks Library, The Jeremiah LifeWorks Library 2.0, and the Norman L. Geisler Apologetics Library (13 vols.) also have dynamic pricing.

Thanks! I've added them to my post.

Posts 182
David Sloan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 8:21 PM

Any idea why NICOT/NICNT is not on the list? It appears to me that dynamic pricing is activated for subsets of NICOT/NICNT, but not for the whole 44-volume set, as my price on the latter didn't change when I just purchased a volume.

Posts 6473
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 26 2014 8:57 PM

First time seeing this thread, thanks for the work.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS