Free Vyrso: Discover the Mystery of Faith: How Worship Shapes Believing

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 5 2013 7:17 AM

Discover the Mystery of Faith: How Worship Shapes Believing

Glenn Packiam

Discover the Mystery of Faith: How Worship Shapes Believing

What if the way we worship isn't just an expression of our faith, but is whatshapes our faithThe Church has believed this about the way we worship and pray together for centuries: The way we worship becomes the way we believe. But if this is true, it’s time to take a closer look …

$0.00 $7.99

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 3075
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 7:29 AM

This book is also free today on Kindle.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 1:38 PM

One more:

Sex180: The Next RevolutionChip IngramT. Walker

Sex180: The Next Revolution

Young adults are fed up with our sex-saturated culture. They realize that there's more to sex than what the media feeds them, and they realize that there's more to responsibility that "just wait until you're married." Youth want to have God's perspective. Not only that, they want to show …

$0.00

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 9628
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 2:21 PM

Thanks. Nice to have from Vyrso.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 826
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 7:51 PM

Wild Eagle:

The way we worship becomes the way we believe

Hmmm ... not trying to be contentious but it strikes me as:

It would seem to me that true worship/praise must flow from content not the other way around (cf. Jn 4.23).  Maybe I should just read the book. 

JRS has left the building.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 8:35 PM

I read the worship book while shopping today. As a big plus, it's free. Other than that?

The author actually never really makes a case for belief shaped from worship. Mainly it's just a catchy  title.

At the heart of the logic, is that worship teams 'feed' the congregation. Current feed is fast food. Better food is the historical liturgies, etc.

So in a nutshell, worship team = horse. Congregation = cart. Cart-people beliefs follow from horse putting food in the cart.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 8:58 PM

Denise:

I read the worship book while shopping today. As a big plus, it's free. Other than that?

The author actually never really makes a case for belief shaped from worship. Mainly it's just a catchy  title.

At the heart of the logic, is that worship teams 'feed' the congregation. Current feed is fast food. Better food is the historical liturgies, etc.

So in a nutshell, worship team = horse. Congregation = cart. Cart-people beliefs follow from horse putting food in the cart.

hmmm. I downloaded the book for free today. How do I go about returning it and getting a refund?

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 9:17 PM

Ha. 

It's worth reading. I'd not 'seen' the world he discusses (megachurch worship). Our itty-bitty church went from pew songs (gospel, etc) to the toe-tapping kind, carefully mapped out to alter our beliefs (I guess). New demographic as discussed in the book.

I really don't know where traditions belong. I know MJ really likes them (litergical).

Posts 9628
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 6:28 AM

Denise:
I read the worship book while shopping today.

How did you manage that?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 6:56 AM

A new health food store opened here, and they don't seem to offer Texas BQ. So the 'healthy one' was a kid in the candy store, and I pushed the cart.

Posts 29798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 7:34 AM

Denise:

A new health food store opened here, and they don't seem to offer Texas BQ. So the 'healthy one' was a kid in the candy store, and I pushed the cart.

Too Funny D. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9628
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 4:41 PM

Denise:

You have to love multitasking!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS