New user with Questions

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 769
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 9:15 AM

p.s. I love the Tyndale commentary set too. One of my best purchases.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 103
Roger G Black | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 10:38 AM

Having taken the plunge with purchasing platinum, I am looking forward to drawing on the knowledge of those in the forums.  Trying the best to have certain resources that are fairly current, and of course, complete.  Such resources (electronic, like most people limited space for paper) in these categories that are less than 50 years or preferably 30 years of age:  Dictionary's both: words (OT & NT) & theology dictionary or systematic theology, Handbooks, Commentaries, various study bible notes, Church History current to last 150 years, and Concordances.

Some history, I am a disabled army veteran (basically retired). I am planning to close a chapter I should have many years ago.  I desire to complete a BA and eventually a masters in bible.  I'm 3 courses short for BA.  Having the desire to enter back into studies and living on a strict budget I will be developing a wish list of other resources.  From that, looking forward I decided to go with the platinum package.  I do plan, by grace from the Lord, to bring my license forward (reactivated).

Any helpful suggestions will be much appreciated.

Rog {BlueBird} Cool

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 12:33 PM

I've written a short buyer's guide for Logos 5 which is aimed primarily at evangelical seminary students. It highlights some of the most useful resources in each base package.

Posts 769
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 9:46 AM

Mark -

That is fantastic! Thanks for all you do for all the Logos users. Your videos and information is a true asset to the Body of Christ!

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS