Notes and updates

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 18 2009 11:31 PM

I know the notes import from L3 is supposed to come "very soon". Does anyone have an idea when "very soon" is? I really like L4 and everytime I have to go back into L3 for something I feel like I'm going from a steak dinner to a spam burger.

Also I have gotten several updates but cannot find a way to determine what the updates are, what resources are being changed or added, etc. In L3 it used to list everything that was being downloaded and installed. Is there a way to do the same thing in L4?

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 12:20 AM

Rev. Fred Chapman:
Does anyone have an idea when "very soon" is?
Well, the NT says Jesus is coming soon, so very soon must be before soon, so it should be out before Jesus returns.  Also, very soon is defiinately before later, so I would guess it is sooner rather than later it will be here.  Hope that helps Wink

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 12:28 AM

Rev. Fred Chapman:

I know the notes import from L3 is supposed to come "very soon". Does anyone have an idea when "very soon" is? I really like L4 and everytime I have to go back into L3 for something I feel like I'm going from a steak dinner to a spam burger.

There is a thread discussing this very question here.

Rev. Fred Chapman:

Also I have gotten several updates but cannot find a way to determine what the updates are, what resources are being changed or added, etc. In L3 it used to list everything that was being downloaded and installed. Is there a way to do the same thing in L4?

There is currently no way in the L4 UI to tell, but others have requested this so it might get added in a future release. However, a workaround in the meantime which has been suggested is to look at the folder where your Logos 4 resources are installed (in XP it's C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\<random>\ResourceManager\Resources; in Vista it's C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\<random>\ResourceManager\Resources); where <username> is your user name, and <random> is some random bunch of characters that will be unique to your installation. View the files in that folder sorted by Date order (most recent first; click on the "Date Modified" column in Windows Explorer until you get a downward pointing arrow in it) and you'll see what's come into your installation since the last time you checked. It might not be immediately obvious what the resources are from their filenames, but most of them you can figure out.

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 6:07 AM

LOL Big Smile

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 6:09 AM

Thanks for the resource manager tip. It is not the perfect solution but it works. Have a very merry Christmas.Gift

Posts 323
Doug | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 7:01 AM

Joe Miller:
Well, the NT says Jesus is coming soon, so very soon must be before soon, so it should be out before Jesus returns.  Also, very soon is defiinately before later, so I would guess it is sooner rather than later it will be here.  Hope that helps Wink

Joe, are you quite sure about your logic there?  The song says Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King.  So, I'm thinking that maybe soon and very soon are the same thing.  Either that, or we are going to see Jesus at least twice.  Soon, and then again very soon.  Or is it very soon, and then soon? 

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 7:54 AM

DouglasEStephens:
Joe, are you quite sure about your logic there?  The song says Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King.  So, I'm thinking that maybe soon and very soon are the same thing.
Very is an ascensive  or rather intensive adverb and thus indicates a sooner soon than just plain soon. 

The coordinating conjunction "and" in this case acts as an ascensive connector indicating that the soonness of arrival is in fact not merely soon but is intensively so, and thus sooner.

Make sure to put that in your notes and see if it updates.  <--(Note the pathetic attempt to make this count for an on topic post.)

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 8:05 AM

Thomas Black:

DouglasEStephens:
Joe, are you quite sure about your logic there?  The song says Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King.  So, I'm thinking that maybe soon and very soon are the same thing.
Very is an ascensive  or rather intensive adverb and thus indicates a sooner soon than just plain soon. 

The coordinating conjunction "and" in this case acts as an ascensive connector indicating that the soonness of arrival is in fact not merely soon but is intensively so, and thus sooner.

Make sure to put that in your notes and see if it updates.  <--(Note the pathetic attempt to make this count for an on topic post.)

Everyone's humor will make it far more tolerable going back to L3 for my notes. Tomorrow I think I will lead my congregation in a chorus of

Soon and Very Soon we will import notes from L3

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS