11th day of Logos - NT use of OT

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1665
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 19 2009 12:08 AM

As discussed in another thread, the Commentary on the NT use of the OT by Beale and Carson is a must-have.

Wonder what the finale will be tomorrow?

Also wondering if this promotion worked well for Logos. Would it be worth continuing the idea as a 'special of the day' or even a 'special of the week'?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 12:20 AM

Allen Browne:
As discussed in another thread, the Commentary on the NT use of the OT by Beale and Carson is a must-have.

I agree. But I think most of the titles in Baker Hermeneutics Collection are worth buying so I decided to get the whole collection. That makes the several specials a little disappointing.

Allen Browne:

Zondervan Collection (87 books) for $300 Wink

Allen Browne:
Also wondering if this promotion worked well for Logos. Would it be worth continuing the idea as a 'special of the day' or even a 'special of the week'?

I like the way you think.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 215
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 12:37 AM

Love the offer of the NT use of the OT

The idea of a special offer each week would be great!

Posts 18886
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 12:45 AM

I love the idea of a special of the week! I think it would bring in a lot of sales for Logos, too, as users would become trained to check in every week to see if what they've been longing for is on special. And they might buy other things while they're at it. Logos will have to see whether this 12 Days sale thing worked out for them. It might just be that if they sell products in larger enough volumes at lower prices then we all come out winners in the end.

BTW, that's the model that another company I am a loyal customer of, The Teaching Company, uses for selling all their audio courses. Virtually nobody buys their courses at full price because they guarantee that everything in their catalog will go on sale for a deep discount at least once a year. What happens is lots more people buy them up at that lower price, so the production costs end up being lower for TTC. Again, a win-win situation.

Posts 42
JM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 12:46 AM

Allen Browne:

I had suggested that this past August in the Logos Blog entitled: "Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament Now on Sale" 

http://blog.logos.com/archives/2009/08/commentary_on_the_new_testament_use_of_the_old_testament_now_on_sale.html

I paid $39.95 on that special promotion...Harumph!  But that's okay...It's a great book anyhow even if I paid $15 more!  I love it.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 1:44 AM

do NOT miss this deal----a terrific resource.

Posts 295
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 5:37 AM

While I love the idea of a "special of the week", I'm afraid I would go broke being enticed to buy lots of stuff!  Big Smile

Excuse me...I have to go pick up today's deal...  Embarrassed

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 3863
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 5:46 AM

superfantastic book.  get it.  get it.  get it.

I wish some publishers weren't so stingy about their books/sets.  I'd love to add some AY commentaries, but no way can I get the whole set.  Not sure i'd want the whole set . . . some of them (especially a few OT hard copies i've perused) seem a bit thin in content and interaction.  Yet others are mammoth must haves.  May be why they make you buy the set.  But as it is, they haven't got any money from me, but they would have as I went thru Eph and John, etc, recently.  Ended up buying used copies for a decent price--didn't add money to them at all (I am not referring to Logos, although true, they didn't make money off me either in those sales)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 8:24 AM

Rosie Perera:
And they might buy other things while they're at it. Logos will have to see whether this 12 Days sale thing worked out for them.

Well it worked on me in a different way. I passed on the Baker Hermeneutics Collection while it was in Pre-Pub. Now that they have highlighted three of the titles in the 12 Days of Logos sale, I have decided it is a valuable collection. That will be yet another sale the savvy marketing department garners.

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 8:28 AM

Matthew C Jones:
I passed on the Baker Hermeneutics Collection while it was in Pre-Pub.

I did too and have regretted it since.

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 8:51 AM

Dan DeVilder:

superfantastic book.  get it.  get it.  get it.

I did!

I have been wanting to pick up this title. I had let the previous special offer on it slip by. As soon as I saw today's offer, I jumped on it.

I've already checked out 2 verses that I will be teaching from tomorrow for Sunday School and found that it was packed with tremendous material.

On that alone, I can say it is well worth the money.

Thank you Logos!

Posts 198
Bryan Brodess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 8:53 AM

Just heard about this yesterday.. Good thing I waited an extra day!!  Thanks Logos!!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 9:20 AM

Randy Hartman:

do NOT miss this deal----a terrific resource.

I'm in a quandry: Do I wait a couple months to buy the Baker Hermeneutics Collection that includes this? Or do I buy this at today's special discount and enjoy it in the interim? I want all but one of the titles in the collection so it isn't a "maybe I'm gonna get it" it is a "when am I gonna get it?" (2 months-ish)

Will I get $25 worth of use in 60~90 days?

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:01 AM

Matthew,

Waiting on purchases often turns out to be helpful.  But, if you have a pressing need that you may double purchase a resource, consider:

Logos financing is just $5 a month. Buy the collection now, pay $33.25/mo, until you are ready to take care of the balance in couple of months.  You will be ahead financially and have all the resources for use now.

Sometimes a call to Logos sales reaps benefits. 

Scott

Posts 60
Richard Crampton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 3:27 PM

Sure glad this went on sale.  I missed a couple of opportunities to purchase it electronically.  Now I have a nearly brand new print copy to unload.  I know I'll use this commentary way more with the electronic version.  I've got to where I hate using paper books;)

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 3:49 PM

Had this in my cart yesterday and then checked it this morning and boom it was super cheap!  Thank you logos

Posts 9
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 3:50 PM

What a tremendous resource! I also have the print edition and knew what I was getting into. So now that many of us are replacing our print copies with electronic, do you sell, give away, or keep your print ones? They look so good on my bookshelf. (Though this is where many of them remain when I do my study at home or coffee shop). Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 4:05 PM

Scott S:
Waiting on purchases often turns out to be helpful.  But, if you have a pressing need that you may double purchase a resource

To be honest, I don't have a pressing need for it, just a pressing interest.  I am not a preacher or teacher anymore. It has been years now since I was an elder. I might have to blame my older brother for all this. He told me he was going to earnestly pray I would develop an insatiable appetite for God's Word. It took a number of years but God faithfully answered that prayer.
(I really miss that brother.)

Scott S:
Sometimes a call to Logos sales reaps benefits. 

I will give my buddy Dave Kaplan a call. Tax return season is also upon us ("sale, sale!)". Stick out tongue Maybe we can have another March Madness Sale, too. And a Lent sale, and a Palm Sunday sale, Ressurection Sale, Pentecost sale.......Cool It is a great time to be alive!

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 4:25 PM

Hey all! I bought this resource solely on your comments. I had considered it in the past but decided to take the plunge today since the price seemed right. It's my only purchase of sale so far. Anyway, thanks for your comments I look forward to fruitful study and sermon/teaching application.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 4:52 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Allen Browne:

I agree. But I think most of the titles in Baker Hermeneutics Collection are worth buying so I decided to get the whole collection. That makes the several specials a little disappointing.

Allen Browne:

Zondervan Collection (87 books) for $300 Wink

Allen Browne:

I like the way you think.

Eisenbrauns has been having a "Deal of the Day" for some time now at the rediculously low price of $5.00.  They only recently had a book on the deal for which I paid somewhat more in Logos format (The Verbless Clause in Biblical Hebrew).  It appears this is scheduled to terminate 12/27.  www.eisenbrauns.com

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS