Can I change the scale on graphs?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 39
Drew | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 15 2013 10:29 AM

A very minor thing - is it possible to change the scale on a bar graph? I produced a graph for the number of hits in a book; the maximum number of hits is 5, but the scale goes up in 0.5 increments. Given that it's not possible to half half a hit in a book, can I change this so it only displays in whole numbers?

I know - petty but annoying!

Posts 10546
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2013 11:03 AM

Annoying answer: no.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1
Zachary | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 12:04 PM

Hi there, Drew!

I was having the same problem, and I found that when I create a graph, the graph scales to fill the window that graph is in.  So, when my graph was open in a tab that filled my entire Logos window, it scaled it down to even 2/10 of a hit!  But when I re-sized the tab to fit in just one half or one-quarter of the main Logos space, my graph no longer had fractions in it.  I had to first open a tab of the appropriate size, then open up a new bar graph inside of it to get the graph I wanted (not simply re-size the previous window with the bad graph in it).  Hope this helps!

Zach

Here is an image of the Bar Graph open in a tab that fills the whole Logos space.  The graph is poorly scaled, as there can be no two-tenths of a hit.  

Bar Graph open in a full-screen window, filling the entire Logos space.  Bar Graph is poorly scaled.

Here is the Bar Graph opened in a tab that only fills one-quarter of the Logos space.  The Graph is now appropriately scaled.  (From here the picture can be exported and re-sized to the desired dimensions)

Bar Graph opened in a tab that fills just one-quarter of the main Logos window.  The graph is scaled to display whole numbers now, instead of fractions.

Hope this helps!  :)  

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS