Window tabs

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 665
Jim | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:20 AM

I set up one window with a rather large number of tabs (its the window that has all my Greek word references) but now I may have some duplicates. I can hover over the resource icons to see what resource that icon is, but since I have to scroll the bar to see them all, and it appears the L4 reuses the same icon set for different resources, it gets confusing when I try to see all of what I've set up there. Is there a way to have it list the tabs in text form?

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:35 AM

JimMcDaniel:

I set up one window with a rather large number of tabs (its the window that has all my Greek word references) but now I may have some duplicates. I can hover over the resource icons to see what resource that icon is, but since I have to scroll the bar to see them all, and it appears the L4 reuses the same icon set for different resources, it gets confusing when I try to see all of what I've set up there. Is there a way to have it list the tabs in text form?

L3 had this in the "Window" menu. There's no such thing in L4. Here's a few work-arounds:

You can switch to next tab with CTRL-TAB, but this is not restricted to one column/pane.

You could also temporarily resize your other tabbed columns to make your target column larger and open it up a bit more.

Or you could save your current layout close out everything but this tab and see what's there, then after noting your duplicates somewhere, reload the layout and delete them from the column (then resave your layout again).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 29
LogosEmployee
MorrisProctorEmployee
Morris Proctor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 9:55 PM

Hey Jim,
Ditto to what Richard said.
You can also press Ctrl + Page Up / Down to scroll through just the tabs in one tile.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 8:02 AM

Morris Proctor:

Hey Jim,
Ditto to what Richard said.
You can also press Ctrl + Page Up / Down to scroll through just the tabs in one tile.

Very cool! I did not know that.

Okay, I've learned my one new thing for the day, and it's only 8am. What am I going to do the rest of the day?

Oh, I know: worship!

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 8:34 AM

nice tip Morris Smile

now if i could just figure out how to only tab btwn panels

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 665
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 11:42 AM

Richard, I see what you mean about CTL-TAB. It seems to switch between tabs in the order your last selected them. That doesn't quite help me cycle through the tabs in the order they are in.

The left and right arrow keys change the resource in the current tab but I'm not yet sure what list it's using to select resources from.

Being able to use the arrow keys to cycle through related resources is certainly among the top features of Libronix. I can still remember the aha experience I had when Mo first pointed it out.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 665
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 11:44 AM

Mo, You da man. The CTL-<pageup/down> does it just fine.

Have a great day,
jmac

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS