Birthday gift certificates

Page 2 of 5 (93 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 92 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 19
Rick Cabral | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2013 3:08 PM

My bday is on my faithlife profile, and I didn't know about this program nor I have seen a credit.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2013 4:19 PM

Rick Cabral:

My bday is on my faithlife profile, and I didn't know about this program nor I have seen a credit.

Peace, Rick!                Logos has just started this program; so I think it depends upon when your birthday is ...          My birthday is on July 25, 1936; and I saw nothing this year.

Hopefully next year, eh?

Perhaps next year in Jerusalem???

Glorious Things Are Spoken of You

One can think of no city that has captured the imagination of people as has Jerusalem. Jews pray, "Next year in Jerusalem," or sing of Y’rushalayim Shel Zahav (Jerusalem the golden). Christians sing hymns and songs about "Jerusalem, My Happy Home" or "The Holy City."

The writers of the New Testament were also caught up in the notion of Jerusalem, seeing Christians as part of a great procession moving toward "the city that has foundations" (Heb. 11:10) and declaring to Christians that "our citizenship is in heaven" (Phil. 3:20). The New Testament closes with the vision of the new Jerusalem, where God will wipe away every tear and "Death will be no more" (Rev. 21:4).

According to the New Testament, Christians can count themselves as citizens of "the holy city, the new Jerusalem" (Rev. 21:2), and can rightly look forward to citizenship there. It would be contrary to the spirit of both the Psalms and the New Testament, however, to be so enthralled with the heavenly Jerusalem as to forget the Jerusalem that exists on earth today: the Jerusalem appearing in newspapers and seen on television, with its synagogues, churches, and mosques and also with its shootings, bombings, and stone throwings.

Jesus cared so much for this earthly Jerusalem that he looked at it one day and wept (Luke 19:41; cf. 13:33–34; and Matt. 23:37–39). It may be that such caring is what is called for from followers of Jesus today.

[1] Limburg, J. (2000). Psalms. (P. D. Miller & D. L. Bartlett, Eds.) (p. 296). Louisville,
KY: Westminster John Knox Press.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2013 5:12 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Perhaps next year in Jerusalem???

Glorious Things Are Spoken of You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKaJ4b0XYmI

Stick with it through the credits.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2013 5:45 PM

Peace, Saint George!              *smile*                          Thanks for posting this post, eh!     Much appreciated.  Actually, I wasn't familiar with this and I truly DO thank you for sharing!                            God save the Queen!     ....  and the new Royal Heir, eh???                  Are you aware that Elizabeth is also the Queen of Canada?          Sad to say we have less "ceremonial monarchists" every day ....            

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2013 5:54 PM

Miford Charles Murray:
 Are you aware that Elizabeth is also the Queen of Canada?     

Yes, I was aware of that.  Not only of Canada, but of all the Commonwealth countries.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 10:27 AM

So, has anyone received the code for this month and tried to redeem the birthday gift certificate?  I've tried (and a Logos sales rep tried), but it did not work.

David

Posts 28478
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 10:46 AM

David Bailey:

So, has anyone received the code for this month and tried to redeem the birthday gift certificate?  I've tried (and a Logos sales rep tried), but it did not work.

It worked for me. I purchased over the value of the certificate code in Vyrso, added the code, and my cart was reduced by the gift amount. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 3:51 PM

David Bailey:

I've tried (and a Logos sales rep tried), but it did not work.

David

Codes are tied to specific user accounts, so I couldn't (for example) use that code on my account because my birthday is in August. We found an issue this week in which the email list was synced after the codes were generated so a small handful of people were sent the email despite the code not being applied to their account. We are taking 2 steps to fix this:

1.) Activating the code for the small number of people we accidentally left out. (You're among them. I've checked.)

2.) Adjust our workflow to pull the list for codes & emails at the same time, so we can avoid this problem next month and forevermore.

David, when I get confirmation that your code has been activated, I'll post here to let you know.

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Posts 1455
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 7:45 AM

Thank you Logos for birthday gift certificate!!! Big Smile Does it expire? Can I keep it for Christmas sale?

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 8:06 AM
Wild Eagle:

Thank you Logos for birthday gift certificate!!! Big Smile Does it expire? Can I keep it for Christmas sale?

It expires. Use it now.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 4944
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 8:18 AM

I didn't get this and my birthday was in October. SurpriseSadTongue TiedCrying

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 8:33 AM
David Paul:

I didn't get this and my birthday was in October. SurpriseSadTongue TiedCrying

That's because you use a funny transliteration of Hebrew. :-)

BTW: is your avatar the goat for Azazel?

Seriously though, do you have your BD in your Faithlife profile?

george
gfsomsel

Posts 1455
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:06 AM

Search your email, place "birthday" on search, maybe you just ignored email

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1455
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:07 AM

George Somsel:
Wild Eagle:

It expires. Use it now.

How do you know it, any reference?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:18 AM
Wild Eagle:

George Somsel:
Wild Eagle:

It expires. Use it now.

How do you know it, any reference?

Experience—I received one in September.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 1455
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:42 AM

George Somsel:

hmm, I would claim it back if Logos did not let us know about expiration

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:53 AM
Wild Eagle:

George Somsel:

hmm, I would claim it back if Logos did not let us know about expiration

I don't understand what you mean, but if you mean what I think you mean, I would suggest that you simply be thankful that they gave you a gift certificate and stop kvetching.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:55 AM

During the Summer I created an extra Logos account for (a) friend(s) and moms tablet (when she retires - she's not using the tablet yet). The friend's birthday (one of them, that is) was in the end of October. If I remember correctly had to fill out the Faithlife profile, upload a picture - and do that several weeks in advance - according to someone at Logos who wrote in the forums they started syncing at the end of September. Got the gift certificate in early October and it said in the email when exactly it expired! Not knowing what someone would want I had to make some decision and buy something with it in the account. There's still no-one using the account. On Saturday two days ago I met a friend in the archipelago and he said he doesn't have enough English skills so he was not very enthusiastic about getting books from me. I can't provide anyone with books in the local language though, other than the Bible version which my mom uses - not the same as others use as she is older than all my friends.

CONGRATULATIONS S:t George to Your 7,777th post on this new forum!! :-D

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 1455
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:57 AM

George Somsel:

I don't understand what you mean, but if you mean what I think you mean, I would suggest that you simply be thankful that they gave you a gift certificate and stop kvetching.

What I mean is if i would get this certificate, and would try to use it in December and would find out that it is expired. I am not complaining but trying to find out if it has an expiration date. According to your posts, it seems to me that you got coupon and expired it (without knowing that it expires), otherwise how do you know that it expires? 

PS: I am very thankful, but I would not want to loose it...

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:09 AM
Wild Eagle:

George Somsel:

What I mean is if i would get this certificate, and would try to use it in December and would find out that it is expired. I am not complaining but trying to find out if it has an expiration date. According to your posts, it seems to me that you got coupon and expired it (without knowing that it expires), otherwise how do you know that it expires? 

PS: I am very thankful, but I would not want to loose it...

No, I used the certificate. I know that it expires because it came with an expiration date.

george
gfsomsel

Page 2 of 5 (93 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS