Am I missing something with a shortcut?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 19 2013 8:40 AM

Good morning,

For the longest time, I have used "P" as a shortcut for my purple highlighter (select text, hit "P", it highlights). Recently, when I highlight something and hit "P", it does the copy/paste of my Bible passage. I do keep the Copy Bible Verses window open normally. If I close it, apparently it only does the highlighting (as I desire).

I couldn't find a listing in the HELP file that "P" (all by itself, no CTRL or anything) is a shortcut for copy/paste Bible verses. Is it supposed to happen this way?

I guess closing that window will do the trick for now, but I wanted to mention this.

Thank you!

Brian

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 9:14 AM

Brian Maag:

Good morning,

For the longest time, I have used "P" as a shortcut for my purple highlighter (select text, hit "P", it highlights). Recently, when I highlight something and hit "P", it does the copy/paste of my Bible passage. I do keep the Copy Bible Verses window open normally. If I close it, apparently it only does the highlighting (as I desire).

I couldn't find a listing in the HELP file that "P" (all by itself, no CTRL or anything) is a shortcut for copy/paste Bible verses. Is it supposed to happen this way?

I guess closing that window will do the trick for now, but I wanted to mention this.

Thank you!

Brian

I will go one step farther. 

When I press "P" it highlights in purple.

But it then also "OPENS" and PASTES the bible verses in my Default Word Processor.

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 10:53 AM

Tom,

Yes, I am getting the same thing where it opens my word processor and then pastes.

I reloaded my layout and got it to work properly once (highlight w/out the copy/paste). Sure enough, the next time I tried to highlight, it opened Word and pasted, etc.

I got an email that Mark Barnes replied, but can't see his response (except in my email). Mark, if you get this, I am using version 5.1a SR-2 (5.1.1.0623). PS - I'm not on the beta. If this is slated to be fixed with SR-3, I haven't seen that released to the non-beta community (just tried Update Now)

Posts 8010
LogosEmployee

I can reproduce this problem and have filed a bug.

As you discovered, a workaround is to close the Copy Bible Verses window, or to float it in its own window (instead of having it in the same window as the resource you're highlighting).

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2013 5:13 PM

Brian Maag:
when I highlight something and hit "P", it does the copy/paste of my Bible passage

This will be fixed in 5.1b SR-1.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS