Windows 7 64bit system crash

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Dave Crosby | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 22 2013 10:54 PM

Following the last update, I have had two system crashes while running Logos 5. I'm using a windows 7 64 bit OS, on a dual 2.15 gig dual core amd chips, 8 gig mem, 500gig main drive and 1TB back up drive. The only info the blue screw is that "the software or hardware that you have installed is causing a conflict. . .please insure you have correctly installed your hardware or software......" I wish I could give you more info but that's all the dump is telling me.??Any suggestions??

Posts 25202
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 22 2013 11:49 PM

Hi Dave - and welcome to the forums

Dave Crosby:
Following the last update, I have had two system crashes while running Logos 5.

For Logos 5 to crash your system it suggests - to me at least - that there is some wider hardware / software issue which Logos is hitting when operating. After an update, indexing can take place which can stress systems quite a bit.

The only thing I can suggest from a Logos perspective is to enable diagnostic logging and post logs after the next system crash to see if we can pin down a bit more what was happening at the time - details at https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/problem

But from a system-wide perspective I would run some tests to see if there are any underlying problems with memory or disk systems

Please let us know how you get on

Graham 

Posts 103
Roger G Black | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2013 9:21 AM

I know this can be disturbing, but a suggestion would be to check a fast easy issue.  Try discontinuing or unplugging the backup drive, the 1T drive.

Try Logos out and make logos work a bit harder by doing update now and update resources.  If it solves the problem, you will know the culprit.

Roger (BlueBird) 

Rog {BlueBird} Cool

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS