Notes: deleting & scrolling

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 466
Butters | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 26 2013 7:10 PM

It seems odd to me that it's so very easy to delete one's notes - the little red button that appears is awfully easy to hit when one drinks as much as I generally do.  

Seriously, it's really easy to do and find myself having to "undo" quite a bit.  Shouldn't there be a failsafe - like, you have to punch the red button AND hit control or something?   

However, the reason why THIS^ is happening is that it's rather difficult to scroll in the Notes document.  Why is scrolling so difficult?  Even when I'm sober it's not easy.  It's a teeny little narrow bar and it doesn't seem - though I may just be missing something  - that one can scroll using up/down keys.  

~Butters Smile

“To love means loving the unlovable.  To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable.  Faith means believing the unbelievable.  Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.” ~Chesterton

Posts 22285
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2013 11:27 PM

Butters:
It's a teeny little narrow bar and it doesn't seem - though I may just be missing something  - that one can scroll using up/down keys.

You can scroll within a note using up/down keys

You can scroll (at least on Windows) within a notes document using the mouse wheel.

Does this help at all?

Posts 18828
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 2:12 AM

Butters:

It seems odd to me that it's so very easy to delete one's notes - the little red button that appears is awfully easy to hit when one drinks as much as I generally do.  

Seriously, it's really easy to do and find myself having to "undo" quite a bit.  Shouldn't there be a failsafe - like, you have to punch the red button AND hit control or something?   

However, the reason why THIS^ is happening is that it's rather difficult to scroll in the Notes document.  Why is scrolling so difficult?  Even when I'm sober it's not easy.  It's a teeny little narrow bar and it doesn't seem - though I may just be missing something  - that one can scroll using up/down keys.  

~Butters Smile

Graham Criddle:
Does this help at all?

Does this help at all?  Wink

Posts 466
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 6:04 AM

Rosie Perera:

Butters:

It seems odd to me that it's so very easy to delete one's notes - the little red button that appears is awfully easy to hit when one drinks as much as I generally do.  

However, the reason why THIS^ is happening is that it's rather difficult to scroll in the Notes document.  Why is scrolling so difficult?  Even when I'm sober it's not easy.  It's a teeny little narrow bar and it doesn't seem - though I may just be missing something  - that one can scroll using up/down keys.  

~Butters Smile

Graham Criddle:
Does this help at all?

Does this help at all?  Wink

How?  You mean she knows how to use the notes window in Logos?  Or, she has superb wine cellar?  hehe Wink 

“To love means loving the unlovable.  To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable.  Faith means believing the unbelievable.  Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.” ~Chesterton

Posts 466
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 6:06 AM

Graham Criddle:

Butters:
It's a teeny little narrow bar and it doesn't seem - though I may just be missing something  - that one can scroll using up/down keys.

You can scroll within a note using up/down keys

You can scroll (at least on Windows) within a notes document using the mouse wheel.

Does this help at all?

I'm on a macbook air and don't use a mouse; I cannot scroll using up/down keys because I cannot "Choose" that window - I can edit/add notes though, so I don't understand it.  Indeed, it was trying to "choose" that window to scroll that has led to my accidentally deleting notes.  lol.  

~Butters Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS