not getting purchases

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 150
rog | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 2 2013 6:02 PM

so I bought a resource this morning and also added the free book of the month. Neither of them are showing up. All day. I've done "Update Now" and "Update Resources." and neither is bringing them in. Any other ideas?

Posts 4919
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:07 PM

I will respond, since no one else has...but unfortunately, I don't have any ideas. That's one reason I don't have a star--I suspect there's one or two other reasons as well. I'm just not very up to speed on L5 since I use L3 most of the time. I am pretty fortunate, since my L5 tends to update and index with very few problems. If I get a significant problem, I usually call the techies and let them do their "go to my pc" thing. It usually goes pretty quick. Unfortunately, it has meant a full re-index on a few occasions. This isn't helping in any way, I know. But hopefully it will take your mind off the fact things aren't working the way you want them to. But probably not, since I just brought it up again. See? No star for me.  NoStar  Anyway, good luck. Maybe call the techies in the morning.

Posts 1513
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:11 PM

rog:

so I bought a resource this morning and also added the free book of the month. Neither of them are showing up. All day. I've done "Update Now" and "Update Resources." and neither is bringing them in. Any other ideas?

Are you connected to the internet? What are your L5 internet preferences set at?

Posts 1454
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:05 PM

rog:

Are you using Mac, I had this issues on the Mac until I updated to the latest version by downloading install file and overwriting it. After update, I restarted Mac and then everything went normal. 

I dont know which option solved my issue. Try restarting Mac first (if you use Mac), if it doesnt work try my steps above

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 2:21 AM

I am on a Mac and have had this issue for about three weeks. Where would I find the latest install file?

Posts 25736
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 2:32 AM

For Mac  - https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/mac/install

For Windows - https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/install

Note that the installer will update or install fresh.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 4:24 AM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:

I am on a Mac and have had this issue for about three weeks

I have had some problems on Mac too. Dave suggested the unmaclike thing of restarting windo...er... OSX. Restarting the computer has worked for me on three occasions. This is a completely new phenomenon.  

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 4:57 AM

I had this problem the other day so I called customer support.  After going through everything else he found that for some reason I was not given the license I paid for. 

Posts 10733
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 5:04 AM

alabama24:
I have had some problems on Mac too. Dave suggested the unmaclike thing of restarting windo...er... OSX. Restarting the computer has worked for me on three occasions. This is a completely new phenomenon.

It is probably Logos' (or Logos's Geeked) way of keeping us Mac users humble. This way we can emphasize with our Windows brethren and not become arrogant and boastful Big Smile

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 5:34 AM

Jack Caviness:

alabama24:

It is probably Logos' (or Logos's Geeked) way of keeping us Mac users humble. This way we can emphasize with our Windows brethren and not become arrogant and boastful Big Smile

Almost every electronic device needs to be restarted once in a while including both Macs and PCs. When something is not working correctly a restart often solves the problem.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 150
rog | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 6:07 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies. Yes, I am on a mac, so a restart never even occurred to me. And a restart is all it took. I had restarted Logos several times, to no avail. But the restart fixed all kinds of issues. For instance when I posted this original question, Logos told me it hadn't been posted, an error occurred. Yet, I started getting responses.... :-)

Thanks again everyone!

Posts 4919
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 6:40 AM

rog:

Thanks again everyone!

Oh, no problem. Happy to be of not much use anytime! I at least like to think that I "got the ball rolling". Not worthy of a star perhaps, but possibly worth a sticker?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS