OUCH - did it again! Accidental Note deletion. We need a confirmation dialog box.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 785
JRS | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 6 2013 9:42 AM

I know this has been discussed at length and is part of the User Voice suggestions for reworking Notes ... but it sure doesn't seem like it would be any great trick to throw a confirmation dialog box on this to provide an interim fix until the Notes package rework is completed, would it?

How many more Notes must pass into oblivion until this is addressed?  Crying

Win 7 Pro, L5 latest beta

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 6 2013 10:02 AM

JRS:

I know this has been discussed at length and is part of the User Voice suggestions for reworking Notes ... but it sure doesn't seem like it would be any great trick to throw a confirmation dialog box on this to provide an interim fix until the Notes package rework is completed, would it?

How many more Notes must pass into oblivion until this is addressed?  Crying

Win 7 Pro, L5 latest beta

<ctrl-Z> will bring it back.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 785
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 6 2013 10:16 AM

George Somsel:

<ctrl-Z> will bring it back.

Thanks, George.  That does ring a bell now that you mention it.  I was stuck on trying the old Windows alt-bksp to 'undo' my errant click but it doesn't work.  Unfortunately, at this point my Note has 'fallen away, and it is impossible to renew it again' by ctrl-z.

I still think a simple confirmation dialog box could save a lot of heartache in the interim. 

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 466
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 7 2013 5:19 AM

I agree JRS.  A dialogue box would help - or, perhaps moving that little red button.  As I mentioned here:  http://community.logos.com/forums/p/75717/530009.aspx#530009 ...it's way too easy to delete a note when one is merely trying to scroll via the side bar.  

I still don't understand how one is supposed to scroll using the up/down buttons.  Can't get it to work. 

Anyway, it's good to know that one can bring a note back from the dead.  

Cheers,

~Butters Smile

“To love means loving the unlovable.  To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable.  Faith means believing the unbelievable.  Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.” ~Chesterton

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS