Upgrading from a very old version of Logos

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 17
Ed Wurth | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 6 2013 5:11 PM

My old computer is XP and I have Logos version 2.0e.  I have just purchased a Windows 8 machine and have downloaded Logos 5.  How do I get all my books off CD-ROM into the new version.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 6 2013 5:16 PM

Ed Wurth:

My old computer is XP and I have Logos version 2.0e.  I have just purchased a Windows 8 machine and have downloaded Logos 5.  How do I get all my books off CD-ROM into the new version.

Do you still have your old computer with Libronix 2.0e installed? If so, the easiest way to get the resources to Logos 5 is to do a free engine upgrade to Logos 3 on your XP machine and sync your licenses with the Logos servers. Then your Windows 8 machine will download them all to your Logos 5 installation.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9277
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 6 2013 6:16 PM

To install Logos 3/Libronix on your old computer, follow the instructions here: https://www.logos.com/support/windows/L3/download

If you don't want to do this and can call Logos Support, they should be able to activate your resources if you have the original installation CD and your product code. Once they activate your resources, you can start Logos 5 and log on using the email address that Customer Support can confirm is your account address (if you don't already know it). Then Logos 5 will recognize you are entitled to the licensed resources and will download them for you.

The learning curve for L5 is pretty steep, but there are some great video resources based on logos 4 That is a lot like Logos 5) here: http://www.logosbiblesoftwaretraining.com/

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 11
Andrew Lucas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 7 2013 10:29 AM

I just did this and a couple of comments.

I had logos 3 installed but it wasn't installed using my current email address and logos user id.

I discovered that uninstalling and re-installing logos 3 didn't work because it remembered my old user id.

I had to dig down into the file system and delete some files before re installing it.  The directory I deleted was I believe called "Libronix" and it was under "Documents and Settings\user name\app data"

After uninstalling logos 3, deleting this directory I re-installed logos 3.  This time when the program opened for the first time it asked me for my logos user id and I gave it my new email address.  I then imported all my books from CD and then synced with the servers.

Finally I opened logos 4 or 5 in your case and it synced my files and even updated many of them to the latest versions.

Blessings,

Andrew

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS