BUG: Link set not working with OpenText.org Clauses

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 8 2013 8:11 AM

I have my NRSV linked to my OpenText resource when I'm working on diagrams. When I move the NRSV, the Scripture box in the OpenText shows the same passage (as I would expect), but the OpenText does not move to the appropriate passage.

I click in the Scripture box of OpenText and hit ENTER, and it still does not move.

The only way for me to adjust the OpenText is to enter the passage in the Scripture box from scratch, or scroll to the appropriate passage.

Is this a quirk by design, or a bug?

Thanks!

Brian

PS it appears the Hebrew Bible Andersen-Forbes Phrase Marker Analysis has the same quirk

Posts 24955
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 8 2013 6:46 PM

I had no problems linking the NRSV with either the Clause text or the Bible of OpenText and AFAT.

What version of Logos and what OS do you have?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 4:08 AM

Dave,

I have Win7 and Logos 5.1b SR-1.

The linking isn't so much the problem. The Scripture box adjusts accordingly, telling me the link set is functioning fine. It's getting the OpenText and AFAT to actually go the text that's in the Scripture box - therein lies the problem.

Posts 24955
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 4:37 AM

I can't think what the issue may be as the linking (incl. moving to the text or diagram) is working for me. Please enclose a screenshot.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 5:22 AM

Dave,

I think I found where the problem was located. If I have the Bible and the OpenText (or AFAT) in two SEPARATE panels (i.e. so that I can see them at the same time), it works perfectly. Follows and moves as expected. I'm guessing that when you tested it on your computer, this is the way you had it laid out?

If the Bible and the OpenText are two tabs in the SAME panel, it acts as I described. This is how I had my layout. I don't know why that would make a difference, but somehow it did.

I'm curious about the reason for this, but at least I know how to correct the problem.

Posts 24955
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 2:40 PM

Brian Maag:
I think I found where the problem was located. If I have the Bible and the OpenText (or AFAT) in two SEPARATE panels (i.e. so that I can see them at the same time), it works perfectly. Follows and moves as expected. I'm guessing that when you tested it on your computer, this is the way you had it laid out?

Well reasoned. I can reproduce the problem if both are in the same panel. This is a bug and hopefully Logos will read this thread and recognise it.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 8:42 AM

Brian Maag:
If the Bible and the OpenText are two tabs in the SAME panel, it acts as I described

I can reproduce this on Windows and I have created a case for Development. 

Posts 24955
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 10 2013 1:07 PM

Thanks Angela.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS