How long have you been a Logos user?

Page 2 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 84 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 1:53 AM

I was a PC Study Bible user from about 1996 to 1998/9. Back then, Logos was inferior in comparison. Then Logos brought out a whole bunch of top-quality modules like the Word Biblical Commentary series and TDNT and the theological journals. I bought several other modules over the years, but didn't get my first base package until 2002/3, I think. And it wasn't until Logos 4 came out that I really started using the software properly - prior to that I had used individual resources, and searches, but the Guides and Tools in L4 opened up whole new avenues.

Posts 21941
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 2:10 AM

I'm a relative newcomerSmile

My ex-employer asked me what I wanted as a leaving gift when I went to train for ministry and I asked them for the Essential IVP Reference Collection - which happened to run on Libronix. This was in August 2009 and I then bought my first L4 package at the end of that year.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 2:13 AM

NB.Mick:

I burnt the small fortune much faster: Stick out tongue February 2011

+1.  I bought my first base package in Aug-2011. Smile

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 4:18 AM

Graham Criddle:
This was in August 2009 and I then bought my first L4 package at the end of that year.

Considering you are relatively new to the software, I am amazed at your problem solving skills with the software. What is your secret. Do share.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 21941
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 4:28 AM

Lynden Williams:

Graham Criddle:
This was in August 2009 and I then bought my first L4 package at the end of that year.

Considering you are relatively new to the software, I am amazed at your problem solving skills with the software. What is your secret. Do share.

Hi Lynden

i was in the IT industry for 27 years - with a lot of that time spent in problem-solving and troubleshooting.

I guess that helps!

Graham

Posts 1635
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 5:10 AM

Noob here: just 5 years.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 5:48 AM

Logos 2 Level 3 -> Logos Series X Scholars -> Logos 4 Scholars -> L5 Original Languages -> L5Platinum

Added a bunch of "Life works" and "Essential Bible Study Libraries". Theological Journal Libraries #1-15 (and other journals). Not to mention a good part of the Classic Commentaries and a significant number of other pre-pub and community pricing titles.

L2 Level 3 was given to me in Highschool and I used it regularly in my capacity as a student leader at my church. I was preparing for bible college, and it was a wonderful tool. When 3 came out, I didn't like the interface (sorry to those of you who still love it) and quit using it. Re-discovered the old titles I had purchased almost a year and a half ago when I purchased L4 and the rest is history.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 8953
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 6:02 AM

Graham Criddle:

Lynden Williams:

Graham Criddle:

Hi Lynden

i was in the IT industry for 27 years - with a lot of that time spent in problem-solving and troubleshooting.

I guess that helps!

Graham

I had the same question. Now I understand.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1982
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 7:01 AM

2007, I'm still a newb!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 8:00 AM

Late 1990s, v. 2.?.

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 8:07 AM

I'm just a babe. Started with the Leader's Library in September 2010. It changed my life.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 8:22 AM

Roger G Black:

Now we're giving our ages up.  Back when the 5 1/4 and floppies ran on the very old comm\64 or 128's and dos fought with the apple seeds. Also everything was by modem phone to phone.  I once ran Heavenly Clouds Christian BBS on All American Software and used old bible programs that you prayed would get the 0 and 1's put together correctly. Oh my, sure glad in the gracious leaps and bounds we have now...

Rog {BlueBird}

Yes, shame on John Chapman.  He is the author of all of this controversy.  Wink

Some of you have been hanging around longer than I, and I thought I was one of the old-timers (Not Alzheimers).  I'm just a young pup. I got involved with Logos in the late 90s.  I'm not sure exactly when, but L3 was out by that time.  Users today talk about a steep learning curve, but I think it was worse then.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 8:30 AM

I bought my first computer about 1990 because it could run CDWORD Library. Back then it was packaged with a runtime version of MS Windows 2.0. You needed 2 MB of RAM and a 1X CDROM drive to run it. That was a big deal.

Transitioned to Logos when they bought CDWORD Library.

Didn't use Logos all that much until they brought out Series X (precursor to Libronix) around 2002(?). Really started using it after that, slowly transitioning to an almost all electronic theological library today.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8953
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 8:32 AM

George Somsel:
Users today talk about a steep learning curve, but I think it was worse then.

I agree with you on that George. It was more difficult to learn but there is more to learn in L5.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1842
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 8:53 AM

Started with Wordsearch swapping floppies around 1989-1990, couple years later did QuickVerse installed on a Hard Drive, in May 2004 I "Saw the light" and bought the Scholar's Library in Libronix Series X. Haven't regretted for a moment.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 87
Pinoy Preacher | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 9:00 AM

Just a month ago... I guess I'm still a "suckling." Stick out tongue

Posts 178
DavidS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 9:04 AM

Just since 2010. I truly love it for study for sermons and personal enrichment.

I have used and programmed computers since the early 1970's. I used other Bible software since the late 1980's. The first computer I owned was a TRS 80 built from parts in about 1981. PCs after that. Now PC Laptop, iMac and ipad. So I guess I am a true geek.

Posts 3681
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 9:13 AM

Started early 2000: Logos 2, 3, 4 and now 5.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 10:13 AM

I think it was 1996 when I bought Logos 2.0. I was not too happy with it so I worked with Quick Verse and some other software. Then Libronix 3 came and I was totally sold on it. Logos 4 and 5 just made this feeling stronger. 

Bohuslav

Posts 688
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 10:45 AM

'99 or '00 - Logos 2 was my first. Series X was right around the corner!

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Page 2 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS