Changing bible view from paragraph to versified (I.e. Verse by verse view)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
mike turley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 13 2013 11:41 AM

Is their a way of Changing bible view from paragraph to versified (I.e. Verse by verse view)? If not, is this something the logos techs could work on as a tool which would be usable on the various versions in our libraries? 

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 11:49 AM

It is done using visual filters.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 12:30 PM

Lynden Williams:
It is done using visual filters.

Specifically, the Bible text only filter.

Posts 1497
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 12:47 PM

This view is great for study! However, I think the NASB made a big mistake making this their default layout. Does anyone know it you can turn the NASB into paragraph form? Smile

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 1:34 PM

Josh ... you need to read up on the early NT authors and their secretaries.  They would typically call out a sequential number with each sentence.  When the numbers got too many, they'd start over.  Once in a while one of the authors would forget to call out the numbers (and thus the sentence). This is what happened in Ephesians.

Actually I like NASB's verses. In Logos, if you like versified displays, you loose the notes. That's the only reason I like the NASB approach (which isn't the only one luckily).

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS