Kudos to Mike Meiser for a great tour

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5565
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 16 2013 11:06 AM

Just got back from a tour of Logos' facilities with 3 other pastors. It was led by Mike Meiser (hope I got that right!). He did a great job of answering our questions, giving a demo of the software and introducing us to the complexities of what Logos does and how well they do it.

I would highly, highly recommend that anyone, especially Logos users, in the Bellingham area, or passing through, arrange with Logos to take a couple of hours to tour their facilities. This was my fourth time through, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. For my pastor friends, it was their first. They were all really excited about what they saw and thankful for the time Mike took to spend with us and show us around. Now we're talking about organizing tours for some of our church members.

For those who can't, I understand your frustration in reading a post like this. But for those who can, because they live within driving distance, or who might vacation in the area: yes it's worth the tour.

Great people there. I was impressed. Again.

[Edited to fix the typo on Mike's last name.]

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 11:50 AM

How about a longer video of the office Logos? 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 9009
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 1:08 PM

I wish I lived closer. Perhaps some day I will be able to visit.

But I was also thinking that this would make a great YouTube video. A while back Logos did a video that toured the physical plant which was great, but I would love to see a video made of a tour like you just had Richard. Even someone following along on a future tour with a camera would be great.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 3:01 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I wish I lived closer. Perhaps some day I will be able to visit.

But I was also thinking that this would make a great YouTube video. A while back Logos did a video that toured the physical plant which was great, but I would love to see a video made of a tour like you just had Richard. Even someone following along on a future tour with a camera would be great.

And don't forget the coffee machine !  Remember the biblical quotation "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every drop that comes out of the coffee basket.  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9009
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 3:10 PM

George Somsel:
Remember the biblical quotation "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every drop that comes out of the coffee basket.  Big Smile

I'm having a difficult time remembering which version paraphrases it that way. Is it in the English Bible Collection on CP? Big Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 3:12 PM

Bruce Dunning:

George Somsel:
Remember the biblical quotation "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every drop that comes out of the coffee basket.  Big Smile

I'm having a difficult time remembering which version paraphrases it that way. Is it in the English Bible Collection on CP? Big Smile

I think that is in the Somsel Interlinear. Stick out tongue

Cliff

Posts 579
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 3:22 PM

It was great to meet you, Richard!

I'll pass along your compliments to Mike Meiser (note the lack of an 'n'). ;)

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 3:30 PM

Clifford Kvidahl:

Big SmileYes

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 3:34 PM

Clifford Kvidahl:

Bruce Dunning:

George Somsel:

Cliff

It's from the Gospel according to George 3:16.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5565
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 4:01 PM

Alan Palmer (Logos):

It was great to meet you, Richard!

I'll pass along your compliments to Mike Meiser (note the lack of an 'n'). ;)

Likewise.You guys are so amazing.

(And thanks for the correction.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 9009
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 4:02 PM

George Somsel:

Clifford Kvidahl:

Bruce Dunning:

George Somsel:

Cliff

It's from the Gospel according to George 3:16.

When will that be available in Logos?

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:00 PM

My wife and I are visiting the area next year. Did you have to give notice of when you intend to visit? Do they have a shop where you can buy manuals and merchandise? Living in Asia, the cost of postage on these items is prohibitive.

Posts 1841
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 7:06 PM

how do you sign up for the tour?

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 7:11 PM

I recommend an email to let them know date and app. time.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 8080
LogosEmployee

James Milne Smith:

Did you have to give notice of when you intend to visit?

We can accommodate "drop in" visitors, but if there's someone in particular you'd like to meet, it would be best to coordinate in advance.

James Milne Smith:

Do they have a shop where you can buy manuals and merchandise?

We don't have a retail shop, but if you met with a salesperson at the beginning of the tour, I don't imagine it would be a problem to pick your goods up directly from the Shipping department at the end of the tour. 

Posts 9101
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 7:49 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
I don't imagine it would be a problem to pick your goods up directly from the Shipping department at the end of the tour. 

Of course. Exit through the Gift Shop, please. (No, that would be too tempting.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 1:07 AM

Thanks. My sales contact is Santiago Galeano so I'll let him know in good time.

Posts 3669
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 5:28 AM

Bruce Dunning:

George Somsel:

Gotta be in Hebrews........ [rim shot; cymbal]

Wink Big Smile Wink

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 13369
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 5:42 AM

BillS:
Gotta be in Hebrews