Kudos to Mike Meiser for a great tour

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5566
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 8:02 AM

James Milne Smith:
My wife and I are visiting the area next year. Did you have to give notice of when you intend to visit?

Yes, I arranged this about a month out. Not sure it was necessary for them that I do it that way, but it was for the pastors I brought along on the tour.

Also, by arranging ahead of time (I've done the drop-in tour too), we had someone prepared for us, what we wanted, and he was set up and ready to demo Logos for us (something we had asked about). In short, they were ready for us, knew what we wanted/expected and we probably got a better tour as a result.

James Milne Smith:
Do they have a shop where you can buy manuals and merchandise?

No, they don't have a shop. As was said above, with a little notice they may have some things available for you to pick up on site. Actually Bob's mom works in the basement shipping department. We met her, surrounded by stacks of Logos paraphernalia (tee shirts, coffee mugs, hats, etc.). I'm not sure what else was in there, but I would guess that whatever they ship would be there. However, to be sure you get something specific on that day, you may want to arrange that ahead of time. It would be a shame to come something they are out of on that day, but could have accommodated, if they had known you were coming.

James Milne Smith:
Living in Asia, the cost of postage on these items is prohibitive.

Understood. Not to mention import duty (in some countries), and the possibility of theft (in some countries). Having lived overseas and served on a mission board, this makes a lot of sense to me.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2013 5:30 AM

Thanks, Richard, that's interesting. I'll take your advice. Funnily enough, I had always assumed that the Logos HQ was somewhere in California, probably in Silicone Valley. Only when we planned a visit to Vancouver to take an Alaskan cruise and visit family did I look at a map of the area and discover to my astonishment that Bellingham is tucked away in the extreme top left hand corner of USA! Then (as a Scot) I was even more surprised to discover that Bellingham holds regular Scottish Highland games every year! Perhaps when I visit I should wear my kilt, and then maybe I'll get a big discount!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2013 6:20 AM
James Milne Smith:

Thanks, Richard, that's interesting. I'll take your advice. Funnily enough, I had always assumed that the Logos HQ was somewhere in California, probably in Silicone Valley. Only when we planned a visit to Vancouver to take an Alaskan cruise and visit family did I look at a map of the area and discover to my astonishment that Bellingham is tucked away in the extreme top left hand corner of USA! Then (as a Scot) I was even more surprised to discover that Bellingham holds regular Scottish Highland games every year! Perhaps when I visit I should wear my kilt, and then maybe I'll get a big discount!

Yeah, Logos is just a bunch of extremists ! :-)

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5566
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2013 8:20 AM

James Milne Smith:
Only when we planned a visit to Vancouver to take an Alaskan cruise and visit family did I look at a map of the area and discover to my astonishment that Bellingham is tucked away in the extreme top left hand corner of USA!

With border crossings, you should expect a 1 1/2 hour trip (each way) from Vancouver to Bellingham. This can be longer, depending on border crossing times. It usually takes longer to get into the US than into Canada, except at the end of a Canadian holiday, when many Canadians who vacation in the US are all headed home on that last day. Early morning (before 8am, or so) crossings into the US are usually not a problem. Sometimes it's better to use one of the crossings a bit more off the main highway. A map can show you the alternatives.

I have no comment on whether or not Logos offers any kilt discounts. However, if you threaten to play your bagpipes, you might get some concessions. Wink

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2013 8:39 AM

Thanks for this, Richard. We are staying in South Surrey which is apparently much closer to the border. We will make an early start and then stop for a coffee somewhere after the border crossing. Presumably the Logos folks will not want to see us much before 10.

Will leave the bagpipes at home in case they get confiscated at the border as a possible weapon of mass destruction!

Posts 5566
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2013 8:48 AM

James Milne Smith:
Presumably the Logos folks will not want to see us much before 10.

Do what works for you, of course. Their offices open at 9am. I arranged a tour for 8am and they were happy to accommodate. (They're really nice folks!)

James Milne Smith:
Will leave the bagpipes at home in case they get confiscated at the border as a possible weapon of mass destruction!

Well, I don't know what bagpipes might do to the mass, but it's probably still a good idea. Stick out tongue

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS