Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5
Chris P Buri | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 18 2013 12:00 PM

Just received the new Kindle Fire HDX and the Amazon store has the Logos Bible app listed as incompatible with this device.

Would appreciate it very much if Logos can work to get the app approved for the HDX in the Amazon app store.  It's the app that I use the most!

Interestingly Biblia and the Faithlife Study Bible both show as compatible and I'm pretty sure that they use the same content engine.

Regards,

-Chris

Posts 43
David Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 7:24 AM

Just purchased a Kindle Fire HD yesterday (non-HDX) and the Logos Bible app is not available.  Accidentally installed Biblia.  Now I'm brushing up on my Spanish.  I'll keep watching for Bible to return to the app store.

Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 8:53 AM

Chris P Buri:

Just received the new Kindle Fire HDX and the Amazon store has the Logos Bible app listed as incompatible with this device.

Chris,

This is news to us...we were unaware that Amazon was listing the Bible app as incompatible with the Kindle Fire HDX. Unfortunately, Amazon has a history of not being very straightforward with why they disallow our apps on certain Kindle Fire devices. We had issues when the Kindle Fire HD was released as well (see this thread). We will investigate and see if we can determine what the issue is, but much of this is outside our control. Amazon rarely provides any details why certain apps that they approve in their Appstore are not allowed on the Kindle Fire and typically just responds with a "check back later and see if it's available" sort of message. In the past, they have made the Logos Bible, Biblia, and FSB apps available on Kindle Fire devices, but have never allowed Vyrso to be installed from the Amazon Appstore.

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 9:01 AM

Does the new HDX allow installing of the apk file?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 13
David Melchior | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 6:48 PM

Will have to return my Kindle HDX for a Nexus 7 2  if Amazon does not fix this soon. Logos is my #1 app.

David

Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 8:30 PM

We sent an email to the Amazon Developer Support team today to inquire about this issue. We will keep you guys updated here as we get more information from them.

Posts 13
David Melchior | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 7:16 AM

Thank you!

Posts 5
Chris P Buri | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 7:29 AM

The Kindle Fire HDX does allow an app to be installed via apk file provided that you turn on the option which allows you to install an app from an unknown source.

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 8:13 AM

Chris P Buri:

The Kindle Fire HDX does allow an app to be installed via apk file provided that you turn on the option which allows you to install an app from an unknown source.

Good to hear - this is how I installed my first Logos app on my original Kindle Fire.  Worked well.

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 5
Chris P Buri | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 8:24 AM

Is it possible for Logos to provide the apk file for us to install it on the Kindle Fire HDX or is there a chance that there is a serious compatibility with the new version of the tablet?

Posts 10056
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 8:52 AM

Chris,

links to the most recent apk versions are in the downmost part of this post: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/59519/423752.aspx#423752 

Hope this helps,

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 9:05 AM

NB.Mick:

Chris,

links to the most recent apk versions are in the downmost part of this post: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/59519/423752.aspx#423752 

Hope this helps,

Mick

Just wanted to point out, the link Mick provided is for the latest beta versions of the apps. We would love it if you're interested in installing the beta versions and providing feedback on our beta forum, but if you're looking for the latest stable versions, you can find links to those apk files here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/75427.aspx

Posts 10056
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 9:15 AM

Drew Hannay:

NB.Mick:

Chris,

Hope this helps,

Mick

Just wanted to point out, the link Mick provided is for the latest beta versions of the apps. We would love it if you're interested in installing the beta versions and providing feedback on our beta forum, but if you're looking for the latest stable versions, you can find links to those apk files here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/75427.aspx

Thanks Drew, you're right. Might be a good idea to make that post stick to the top in the Android forum. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 9:42 AM

NB.Mick:
Thanks Drew, you're right. Might be a good idea to make that post stick to the top in the Android forum. 

I have just peeked - but will those two posts always link to the latest version?  Or do they merely point to the NOW current version?  Are there permanent links we can follow to always find the latest stable and beta versions?

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 9:46 AM

Floyd Johnson:

I have just peeked - but will those two posts always link to the latest version?  Or do they merely point to the NOW current version?  Are there permanent links we can follow to always find the latest stable and beta versions?

Yes, the current stable and beta versions are always at the same links. The forum thread announcing the release will change whenever we have a new release, but the location of the apk files is always the same

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 9:47 AM

Floyd Johnson:
Are there permanent links we can follow to always find the latest stable and beta versions?

Yes - the links Drew gave you will always point to the latest stable and beta versions.

Posts 5
Chris P Buri | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 12:32 PM

I enabled the option to allow the installation of applications from unknown sources and installed from the apk file.  So far the application works just as it always has.  Not sure why Amazon has it listed as incompatible with the Fire HDX.

I'll keep using the application and see if I run into any issues.

Posts 18
Lathan Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 1:15 PM

Let me add my voice to the push for Logos on Fire HDX - if you are looking to gather "names" to send Amazon, add me to them!!!

Posts 261
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 11:30 AM

Lathan Hill:

Let me add my voice to the push for Logos on Fire HDX - if you are looking to gather "names" to send Amazon, add me to them!!!

Lathan,

Contacting Amazon Kindle support and requesting whichever app you are using be made available via the Kindle Fire HDX store would probably have the biggest impact.

Posts 178
Sir Maru | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2013 9:22 AM

The Logos Bible App requires that Location Based Services be turned on.  That "feature" tends to drain batteries.  I have GSam Battery Monitor on both my Kindle Fire HD and my Kindle Fire HDX and it clearly shows which Apps are using current and how much.  I had to turn off Location Based Services on both.  I used to have Logos Bible App on the HD but uninstalled it due to its requirement and the related current use.

That may be the reason that Amazon has ruled the Logos Bible App incompatible with the HDX.

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS