Bug Report

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Tane Kim | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 20 2013 5:14 PM

This is how to reproduce the problem:

Open NIV bible and FSB(Faithlife Study Bible) and link them together to set "A" so that they sync along the passages.

Go to 1 Kings 16:30

and then, when NIV panel is on focus, slowly scroll down with mouse wheel. I think you may also scroll down with down arrow key button. Then, you will notice that the passage will continue an endless repeating loop without ever progressing to next chapter.

Please fix this bug.

Thanks.

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 3:37 PM

I can't reproduce this bug.

It would help if you reported the version of Logos you have, whether Mac or Windows OS, and the version of the two resources (from their Information pages) e.g.

LLS:1.0.10
2013-09-28T20:02:57Z
NIV.logos4

LLS:FSB
2013-06-10T13:43:38Z
FSB.logos4

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 12
Tane Kim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 4:02 PM

I am using Windows 8, Logs 5

And it's actually not going endless loop, but some little backward jumps most of the times, preventing smooth progress to next chapters. You can see that verses 31, for instance, jumps to 29 again, when you press down arrow keys slowly.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 4:20 PM

I can repeat, but it's more visible when scrolling in the FSB. I start at

but every time I've scrolled down to the end of the image, I'm suddenly back where I started.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 5:02 PM

I set linked both versions of NIV and FSB scrolled in both sets of the NIV and don't see any "backward" movement. The FSB may seem, at times, to jump back, but that is likely a result of it navigating back to a location where the milestone's match. (i.e. Scrolling through Jeremiah 23:9-40)

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 6:46 PM

Tane Kim:
You can see that verses 31, for instance, jumps to 29 again, when you press down arrow keys slowly.

It's annoying but normal. When trying to accommodate v33 in the NIV, FSB will jump back from v32 to vs 29-34 and then jump to v34.

This can happens with any commentary resource and EBC's behaviour is worse as it makes a big jump over v31-32 to a Note for v31 below!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS