Cleaning Up or Deleting Excess Background Images

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 22 2013 1:57 PM

Hi folks,

We have accumulated quite a few slides that are in our library that we no longer use for various reasons.  Such as the date of the event has now past and the slide information is out of date.  How do we either download the slides so we don't have to continue to search through a long huge list of slides we will NEVER USE AGAIN or that may not be used again until next year and at that time would need to be updated with new dates & times, or pictures of people and things no longer needed, etc.  What do we do to clean up this mess of excess?

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 2:11 PM

If you're talking about the background then you should be able to right click "Remove from library" inside the My Content section of a service item edit view. If you're talking about the actual service item (accessible in Add Item > Reuse Items) then you need to delete the service item itself, probably easiest to just delete the entire old presentation.

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 2:30 PM

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the super quick reply.  I have tried both of these things in both areas but for some reason in the "My Content" area every time you right-click and delete the screen refreshes and sends you all the way back to the top of the list so you then have to scroll allllllll the way down to where you were only to find that the item is STILL THERE Surprise  This gets frustrating.  In the "Reuse" Item list under "Add Item" the Right-Click feature doesn't work.  I'd love to be able to get rid of the list of 10 million slides of duplicates that exist for the same thing because every time you use a slide more than once in a presentation it makes yet another copy and saves it to the library.  This is definitely an issue that needs to be FIXED.  I'm sure it has to do with the way the program is written but WOW!!  Let me know if I'm doing something wrong.  I can't delete all of the older presentations because we use them as Monthly or Weekly 'Templates'.  There must be a way to get rid of the countless number of slides that bear the exact same name within proclaim.  The file itself has to have a different extension in the file name or some way to distinguish it on the hard drive/server right?  Anyway, maybe I'm over thinking this and there is something else I'm missing...  

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 3:49 PM

More details on removing media outlined here http://community.logos.com/forums/p/65824/531504.aspx#531504 As of today we have shipped fixes for issues one and two.

Ps3:
I have tried both of these things in both areas but for some reason in the "My Content" area every time you right-click and delete the screen refreshes and sends you all the way back to the top of the list so you then have to scroll allllllll the way down to where you were

I see what you mean with the scrolling issue, we can look into a fix for this. One thing that might help in the meantime is use the full screen view by clicking the button in the upper right of the My Content section. You'll be able to see more items at once, less scrolling.

It is currently "by design" that when you reuse a service item it creates a copy, which you will then see in the Reuse Items view. We want to prevent users from unintentionally modifying presentation x while editing y. We hoped that filtering Reuse Items by keyword would be sufficient to deal with the volume. Thanks for the feedback, I will forward it on to the UX guys.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS