BUG: "Replace with Passage" and Apple Pages 5.0

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1572
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:39 AM

I don’t know if Logos can do anything about it, but the “Replace with Passage” feature no longer works with the new Pages 5.0.

I noticed that Apple stripped a lot of the scripting language out of Pages, so I am thinking that Logos won’t be able to fix this—but I am hoping against hope that they can!

On the bright side, the new Pages supports Hebrew. I haven't tested to see how well it works, but it's much better than the old version.

It also does not bloat the file size of the document anymore when passing the document back and forth between a Mac and iPad via the iCloud. The file sizes were always 5.6 mb when I did this, now they are a more normal 100-200 kb.

Also of note is that you can now highlight your documents both on the Mac and the iPad (albeit only in one color). This will help me since I preach from Pages on the iPad.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 11:34 AM

I also note that pages can export to .docx. I have yet to try a personal book with this method.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1572
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 3:30 PM

alabama24:

I also note that pages can export to .docx. I have yet to try a personal book with this method.

Good find, Alabama! I tried a quick test document with it and it seems to export a .docx that is comparable, if not identical, to saving a .docx with Textedit. Building a Personal Book produced 0 errors and several warnings. Doesn't seem to recognize headings, etc.

Posts 394
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 6:34 PM

Does anyone know if Logos will be able to "Replace with Passage" with Pages 5.0?

Blessings,

Fernando

Posts 1572
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2013 10:22 AM

Not sure how this will affect Logos-Pages 5.0 interaction, but Apple just posted a document listing several features that they will be adding back to iWork apps in the next six months.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6049?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

http://www.macworld.com/article/2061286/apple-promises-to-restore-some-iwork-features-within-six-months.html#tk.rss_all

I'll be happy with the return of the style shortcuts.

Posts 343

I'm also wondering if Replace with Passage service will be fixed in the near future! Whether it's an issue Apple needs to do or if it's something Logos simply needs to update.

Jason Saling

Posts 13
Tim Hatch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2013 7:00 AM

Yeah, I'm bummed that I updated Pages. I really miss "replace with passage"... looking and hoping for a solution.

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2013 8:00 AM

Timothy Hatch:

Yeah, I'm bummed that I updated Pages. I really miss "replace with passage"... looking and hoping for a solution.

From what I have seen discussed on these forums the earlier version of Pages is maintained on your computer during the upgrade.

Could be worth checking.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2013 9:40 AM

Graham Criddle:
From what I have seen discussed on these forums the earlier version of Pages is maintained on your computer during the upgrade.

It should be in the iWorks 09 folder in Applications.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2201
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2013 10:23 AM

Timothy,

You should still have the old pages in your applications directory. Use it until the new pages is updated to replace the features not yet implemented. I opened Pages 09 and then had it placed on the dock. Let me know if you have questions about this.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS