Ussher's chronology (Not in English - Beware!)

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 105
Gary Pajkos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2013 6:40 PM

Thanks, I didn't notice that and I would have really been upset. 

Posts 105
Gary Pajkos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2013 7:01 PM

Here you all go.

5417.THE ANNALS THE WORLD.docx

Posts 1495
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2013 7:21 PM

Gary Pajkos:

Excellent .docx file, thanks!

Posts 1495
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2013 7:43 PM

Travis Walter:

Ugh, I too wanted this just for the Annals.  I'm going to see how useful it is even in Latin, but this might be the first title I return. 

I'm not sure how anyone will find the Latin text much of use without the English translation to reference. Maybe you could do what I just did and make a PB of an English copy of Annals. Smile

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2013 12:11 PM

I hate to NOT get this for $20 and then down the line Logos does an english update or something for free for owners.. 

I guess I need to look into the PBB thing also, its been ages since ive done one of those.

Posts 1495
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2013 12:31 PM

Travis Walter:

I hate to NOT get this for $20 and then down the line Logos does an english update or something for free for owners.. 

I'd hate to get it for $20 and Logos doesn't update it! And if they do, I'm hoping they will offer it as a stand alone purchase. Annals of the World is literally all I'd ever use in this collection.

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2013 12:33 PM

Yeah im in the same boat..  Prob just keep it for now..  I was looking forward to the Annals, the rest were filler for me.

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2013 12:54 PM

Vincent Setterholm:

The archive.org copy doesn't have any information on who did the translation or when [at least, not that I could find]. It doesn't read like a particularly old translation, and the editor's preface mentions an article from 1922. It's possible that this isn't really public domain, but that someone is asserting it is public domain because the original Latin is so old. But I'll drop a note to text development and marketing to see if they are aware of it so they can follow up and see if this is something we can work with, if they didn't already evaluate it when putting this project together.

many thanks for the info

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS