ESV Audio Not Working

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 29 2013 6:36 PM

I've downloaded ESV Audio on the latest version of Logos using up-to-date Windows 7 - it gives me the option to play Heath's narration but, although the control panel appears, nothing else happens.  The system narration is working fine, and Heath's narration works on my other Windows 8.1 laptop.  Loading the audio in its own tab doesn't work either, though it does under Windows 8.1.   I wonder if I should remove the downloaded file and reload it?  I'm using the same means of access to the Internet with both laptops.

Posts 58
Bert Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 4:08 AM

I have the same problem - thought it was my old tired brain that was creating the problem. Waiting in anticipation for an answer.

Blessings to All

Bert Barnes

Acer Extensa, 4gig Ram, 160gig 5400 HD, Core 2 duo processor, WinXP

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 6:11 PM
Bert Barnes:

I have the same problem - thought it was my old tired brain that was creating the problem. Waiting in anticipation for an answer.

Blessings to All

Blessings to the both of you! *smile*

what happens when you go to the passage in the ESV where you want to have the reading start and you push Ctrl-R?

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 11:06 PM

Thanks for the question:  The control panel appears as if Heath is reading (ie it is set so you can pause it!); the grey dot appears under the appropriate verse, and the drop down menu assumes Heath is reading (so you CTRL-R again and it 'stops') but nothing else; the grey dot doesn't move from its original position and there is no actual narration.  If I change to the system narrator, CTRL-R toggles as it should, as does the narration itself.  Hope that helps?

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 8:37 AM
Blessings! I just tried it again on my system! My heart goes out to you, since it does work correctly for me; and I have no ideas for you! I'm replying right now in order to "bump" this thread so that perhaps some others could be of assistance in this area .... Please! . *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 10
Ron Tarver | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:57 PM

Add me to the list of ESV Audio not working in Windows 7.  David Heath's voice is silent whereas the system narrator is heard.  Interestingly, the Lexham bible voice of Marv Allen is heard.  Logos tech support looked at my diagnostic logs and thought the ESV audio would only work with Windows Media player which I had removed much earlier in preference for other players.  Do any of you folks have WMP 10 or above and still not get the ESV audio voice?

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 1:03 PM
Peace, Ron! Everything works for me ......... I am on Windows 8.1 with Media Player 12.0 *smile*

Posts 10
Ron Tarver | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 3:43 PM

OK, for everyone...I re-installed Windows Media Player in Windows 7 and ESV audio of David Heath's voice now works.  I've asked Logos tech support why ESV audio would be restricted to only play in WMP, and will advise if I get an answer.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 3:45 PM
Thanks, Ron, for your efforts on the behalf of all of us! *smile*

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 5:00 PM

Thanks Ron. I've re-installed WMP but it's still not working for me.Smile  Any further help would be appreciated.

For interest I used the following to re-install WMP:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/26107/how-to-reinstall-windows-media-player-in-windows-7-to-solve-problems/

Posts 10
Ron Tarver | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:57 PM

John, I used the same how-to-geek page you mention.  There's two things to check: 1) does your WMP open up okay from your start menu (Start>Programs>Windows Media Player) and 2) is your version of WMP at least 10.  Mine is 12.0.7601.  Find the file wimplayer.exe located in C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Media Player and get its properties and then details to see the version.  If all that's okay, then follow the procedure again in how-to geek by disabling WMP in CP>Programs and features>Windows features, OK.  Then reboot and re-enable WMP.

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 9:02 PM

Thanks again, Ron.  Yes, WMP is opening up OK, and I have the same version as you.  I've again followed the procedure and rebooted and re-enabled and there's no change to my original description.  Given it's working for me on my other laptop running Windows 8.1 I might just have to wait until I'm ready to upgrade to that on the Windows 7 laptop - I've been putting that off until I'm confident all is OK with 8.1  That said, I'm happy to try any other suggestions you or anyone else might have.

Posts 10
Ron Tarver | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 3:09 PM

John,  if you would care to upload a zipped copy of your log file(s) I'd take a look at them.  If you need help in creating log files, let me know.  Also, do you have the Lexham English bible audio and does that work?

Posts 51

Thanks so much for this, Ron.  I don't have the LEB Audio as I am waiting until it is shipped free!

I'm not proficient at reading log files but they don't seem to be telling me much - perhaps you can shed some light on them?

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:43 PM

John McKay:
I don't have the LEB Audio as I am waiting until it is shipped free!

The LEB audio is already free... I believe that you can acquire it via faithlife. What isn't available is 1) a CD-Rom version and 2) a downloadable MP3 version. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 51
John McKay | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:07 PM

Ah yes, I do have it - hadn't even looked as Logos says it costs and will be free soon!  Marv Allen works perfectly - both from the LEB (even the word-by-word indicator works like a charm!) and directly when the audio is loaded into a tab of its own!  So the problem I have is contained to the ESV Heath reading!

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2013 4:20 AM

For clarification: The two audio books are different in that the LEB was a download to Logos, whereas the ESV audio only streams from the internet. 

Posts 10
Ron Tarver | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2013 11:18 AM

John, sorry to ask you to revisit this but would you please do the following to narrow down just the audio problem.

1. Run Logos in diagnostic mode with a Ctrl on start up and click sign in.

2. Let the program settle down for a moment.

3. Click on the ESV audio to "start" it.

4. After several seconds, close Logos and post the newest created log file for that date and time.  Thanks

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2013 1:59 PM

Ron Tarver:

John, sorry to ask you to revisit this but would you please do the following to narrow down just the audio problem.

1. Run Logos in diagnostic mode with a Ctrl on start up and click sign in.

2. Let the program settle down for a moment.

3. Click on the ESV audio to "start" it.

4. After several seconds, close Logos and post the newest created log file for that date and time.  Thanks

Peace, Ron!                     Kudos to you for pitching in and extending help to others!                  How wonderful!

I've just noticed that you only have 5 posts, so unless you've posted with a different avatar, someone should be welcoming you to the Logos Community Forum!

............          and since I've appointed myself to that pleasant task, I'll say!            WELCOME!!!!   to the Logos Community Forums, eh???!!!

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2013 2:19 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
I've just noticed that you only have 5 posts, so unless you've posted with a different avatar, someone should be welcoming you to the Logos Community Forum!

I assumed that Ron is a Logos employee... Is that true Ron or no? Smile

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS