AMAZON Kindle Matchbook starts TODAY!

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1881
mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 29 2013 9:33 PM

Amazon

I've purchased many physical books from Amazon before and THIS IS exciting!!

Just click on the yellow button and sign-in.. and viola

Posts 18867
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 9:35 PM

I tried it and there were exactly ZERO books that I've purchased in hard copy (among hundreds that I've bought from Amazon.com over the years) which were eligible for MatchBook. Meh.

Posts 1881
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 10:31 PM

wait for it .. amazon is adding more titles everyday they say..

I have 10 on the list already .. Cool

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 10:44 PM

Three available, at three bucks each. I think I'll bite for, at the very least, Karl Barth's Evangelical Theology. That's a book worth carrying around in your pocket.

Posts 2435
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 11:35 PM

I had zero too. But the concept sounds decent. 

I got a Kindle freebie from Amazon yesterday that doesn't open on all devices. 

Would be nice to have more books available this way. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 1:10 AM

I had eight - most were Christian fiction I had purchased for my wife before we had her Kindle (and now Nook).  However, the HCSB Study Bible was available (and is not in LOGOS Sad).  Picked it up for $2.99.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 28959
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 1:49 AM

I had several including a couple of prayer books worth having on Kindle.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 3:12 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I picked up The Potter's Freedom which I had previously bought on dead tree material.

Posts 2062
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 3:24 AM
Thanks! There are 35 for me, including Keener's The Historical Jesus of the Gospels, Hoehner's Chronological Aspects of the Life of Christ, Von Soden's The Ancient Orient: An Introduction to the Study of the Ancient Near East, and Vanderkam's An Introduction to Early Judaism.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 6:52 AM

Had 9 titles for me.

One being 2 Peter and Jude of the Pillar Commentary for 2.99...  wish I could get that price for the Logos version.  Price is hard to pass up

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:54 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

Only 4 titles... But 2 I don't have in Logos.

I am trying to track down the login credentials for my old amazon account I used while in college... I suspect there will be a considerably larger number of books eligible for this program on that account.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 646
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 12:11 PM

I wasn't aware of Keener's Historical Jesus book. It looks fantastic, looking at the index. What's your opinion of it?

Posts 9137
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 12:34 PM

Rosie Perera:
Meh.

Me, too (so far). Three Christian romance novels purchased as gifts for others was all I had.

I fairness I must say I have purchased very few books from Amazon in recent years. Logos has been getting my book money.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 12:49 PM

Sadly, there are apparently no plans to roll out this service in the UK in the near future!

Posts 2841
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 12:56 PM

Rosie Perera:

I tried it and there were exactly ZERO books that I've purchased in hard copy (among hundreds that I've bought from Amazon.com over the years) which were eligible for MatchBook. Meh.

Me, too, Rosie.  I guess that most of the paper books that I have bought through Amazon were purchased because there was not a Kindle edition.  So that probably explains why the zero books in my matchbook.  Also, I purchased many used editions through Amazon which would not qualify.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1646
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 1:29 PM

I guess I was quite lucky - I found 16...  I don't suppose there is an easy way to navigate Kindle ---> Logos via personal books?

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Basic, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 2062
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 2:25 PM
Ted Weis:

I wasn't aware of Keener's Historical Jesus book. It looks fantastic, looking at the index. What's your opinion of it?

It is exhaustive like his other big works, but it is very good. I have no idea why it is not in Logos yet. It doesn't really make sense.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:07 PM

The program Calibre has grey area plugins that are capable of converting most ebook file types to most any document format including .rtf which is easily changed into .docx.

It would however require a lot of work to tag everything and create a proper PBB from a kindle title.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 2963
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:33 PM

I had about 35 books. Most of them I've already bought in Vyrso or Logos. Not biting on any now, but think that it is a good idea. Glad Amazon is doing it and I will definitely benefit for some books that aren't available in Logos/Vyrso yet

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 8:04 AM

I had zero as well. Sad

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS