Underlining in all Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Mike Comtois | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:14 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but I would like to have the options to underline a verse in one translation and have the option to have it underline in all translations.  Would that be possible?

Posts 21744
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 7:41 AM

Hi Mike

Sorry but this can't currently be done.

One of the issues is that different translations have different versification schemes and so it would be a real challenge to work out what linked to what.

Graham 

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 11:22 AM

I too have wondered about this. Maybe the first step could be to have the highlight sync with Bibles that have the same versification scheme.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 11:27 AM

Lynden Williams:
Maybe the first step could be to have the highlight sync with Bibles that have the same versification scheme.

Huh?

Highlighting is "by selection," and not "by reference." If there were highlighting "by reference," it would mean that the ENTIRE verse would be highlighted, rather than just a selection. It would also mean that all versified resources would be highlighted, such as pages & pages of commentaries. 

Others have suggested highlighting linked to lemmas... but I personally don't see much value in that. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 1:07 PM

Mike Comtois:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I would like to have the options to underline a verse in one translation and have the option to have it underline in all translations.  Would that be possible?

Peace, Mike!            It's not possible ............                     However, what does work for me is if I put a note in a "reference," the note will show up in all my Bibles .........              Does that work for you?            It's better than nothing for me .........          I use a brightly coloured note for truly important passages (to me!) that I want to emphasise in all my many versions that I have in Logos ...     

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9
Mike Comtois | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 2:23 PM

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS